Return to Website

BETFOR Association

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Message  Board

Our editorial policy is based on the ideas of free speech and respect for others.

Forum: British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
2017 BETFOR REUNION

Greetings to all our readers. The committee met in CARDIFF and the reunion will be at the CLAYTON HOTEL from 17th to 19th March 2017.
Full details will be in the next BETFOR JOURNAL which will be with you all before Christmas.

The 11 floor hotel is 123 metres from CARDIFF GENERAL station and at the bottom end of the main street Saint Mary's and 203 metres from JOHN LEWIS which is some sort of retail therapy depot. Hope that ia helpful !

Email  
Re: 2017 BETFOR REUNION

now that eagle-eye Larry thinks there might be a cut price opportunity for this years event (with Best Western) I can tell you that the Grand National Sweepstake will enter its 10th year at Cardiff. Further details in a week or two.

Email  
Re: 2017 BETFOR REUNION Sweepstake.

Sweepstake. This is not an official sweepstake and is in no way sponsored by the BETFOR Association. Roland . Chairman.

just about 30 names on the booking list to date for Cardiff. Just about 7 weeks to go.
The sweepstake has always been run by me since 2007 (the year when our funds were given away by the previous management) That year a portion of the £5 a horse entry fee was used to keep the Assn afloat. We have not needed to repeat that action and there are a number of people in the Assn and elsewhere who will be disappointed if it does not happen. The race is on 8th April this year.

Email  

I feel I must make this cristal clear.there is no vendetta against the sweepstake that Roy his running .The BETFOR Association as no licence to hold any fund raiseing in the form of a Sweepstake.Some people may think because it is advertised on the Webb site lt his official .Roland

just 3 weeks to go and little change from the end of January. Liz and Derek Durrant, Anne and Alan Green have been added and all the name badges are ready. The initial forecast of 25 rooms is almost spot on. There is still time to make a booking !

Email  

no change from 25 February, the event is next week.

Email  

Sorry I cannot be with you and the Conservatives in Cardiff. Have a great time and look forward to the next journal.

Email  

Thank you Paula. All went well but none of the Conservatives came to our AGM. Next years event will be in BEDFORD. Next journal will be with you shortly.

Email  

Liz Durrant £20 Les Bell £30 Jim Greaves £40 were winners in the GN sweepstake. Good luck to them.

Email