Return to Website

BETFOR Association

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Message  Board

Our editorial policy is based on the ideas of free speech and respect for others.

Forum: British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Hip Hip Hooray. Montanaro is back!

Tonite, BBC 4, 2200 hours. The return of the Young Montanaro. Lasts nearly two hours. Hopefully still in Italian with English sub-titles. That should help me have a peaceful nights rest after having viewed one of the best detective series on TV.

Email  
Re: Hip Hip Hooray. Montanaro is back!

You will be even more excited to know that a new series of Montalbano will start filming in April!
My Italian teacher showed us an article from Corriere della Sera dated 27 February interviewing Valentina Lodovini as the new female with Luca Zingaretti

Not sure how long it will be before it gets to the screen, but our class was very excited as we are keen fans of Montalbano.

Email  

Yes, there was a small piece in the Triestine paper Il Piccolo web-site the other day saying two episodes are ready for release on RAI. We'll have to get on to BBC 4 to let them know and see if they can get hod of them for the Autumn schedules. I wish they would do a repeat of the original series broadcast two years ago. That was simply called Il Commissario Montalbano. Anyway, glad to know someone else enjoys the series.

Email  

My Italian teacher says she picks up the old ones on you tube and maybe Rai website as well. That would be fine for you fluent in Italian and not needing the subtitles!

Email  

Larry. Tonite really . Have a good day .Roland