Return to Website

BETFOR Association

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Message  Board

Our editorial policy is based on the ideas of free speech and respect for others.

Forum: British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Italian Music and Song Festival at San Remo.

Anybody interested in this celebration of most of the artistes in Italy at their annual celebration and award ceremonies in San Remo. Try this one in your URL>

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/liguria/imperia/festival-sanremo-ariston.html

At the moment there are a lot of folks just walking about but tomorrow you would probably get to hear some of the music and songs. Maybe!

Email  
Re: Italian Music and Song Festival at San Remo.

Copy and paste, Larry. You may get a pleasant surprise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yimRl2Co8U

I would,nt encourage these overpaid,bejeweled self pitying attentionseeking creatures.Are they so lacking in self confidence that they have to seek these annual backslapping exercises?And our native examples are no better.What happened to entertainment?

Email  

Roy, the Festival at San Remo is not the same as the BAFTAS or the Oscars. It is, actually, a festival of Italian (sometimes also other foreign) music and drama. Sure, prizes are given but only after the performances have been judged. I used to watch reguarly on TV, but my LNB gave up on me and I have not bothered to reconnect it with my Humax receiver and my TV. I can assure you that it beats anything you might chance to watch on Brit TV. But that's usually the way with present day BBC and ITV offerings. In fact, I have seen British groups performing there. (There was one male Brit group who performed there and then announced they were splitting up). But I can assure you that the festival lasts over a week, not just one night. And it really is worth watching.

Email  

Harry, I logged onto your link. Yes, I know those songs. Have sung them in parties in Trieste. And I actually have them on the old Audio Tapes we used to use at one time - seems a long time ago now, those Audio Tapes, but they should still work.

Email