BETFOR Association

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Message  Board

Our editorial policy is based on the ideas of free speech and respect for others.

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ever been had?

Take a look at the following. You have been warned.

I have today received the most International letter ever. The stamp on the envelope reads: “Prioritaire, Magyar Posta, 1/S, and next to that is a box with words: “If undelivered please return to BUDAPEST 1005 – Hungary”. Inside is a letter in beautiful colours, saying that this is a ‘Prize Entry Notification’. Congratulations! You are on your way to winning your share of £1,000,000,000 from the “Jumbo Japanese Jackpots”...Simply complete the enclosed ‘Japanese Jumbo Jackpot Certificate and return with payment....... of £12.99 which is a one-time fee. Should I win anything I will be notified by “GL Services Ltd, of the Tower Business Center, 2nd floor, Tower Street, Swater, BKR 4013 MALTA. Also enclosed is a pre-addressed envelope with the address : GL Services, North American Fulfillment Center, PO Box 20022, Vancouver BC, V5Z OC1, Canada.
So a letter postmarked HUNGARY, inviting me to send £12.99 to an address in CANADA in order to participate in the JAPANESE Jumbo Jackpots Lottery (Takarakuji). Should I win anything I will be notified by a company based in MALTA.
And pigs might fly

Re: Ever been had?

A couple of years ago I used to get letters from Australia telling me I had won so many thousands, etc., on the Australian Lotto. All I had to do was send £19 to an address on the return pre-addressed envelope to Holland to cover administration expenses. I used to send the letters back to Holland with a message written on the application to the effect that "I give you my full authority to withhold the sum of £19 from the amount I have won and then forward the remaining monies to me".

And does anyone recall the time I was supposed to have lost all my documents and air tickets whilst on holiday in the Ukraine and could you all please send just £2000 to help me tide over and buy anew air-ticket?

WHY ME, all the time?