BETFOR Association

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Message  Board

Our editorial policy is based on the ideas of free speech and respect for others.

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Live Web-cams.

I've just done a short tour of some locations where I wish I could have been:
Started off in Piazza Unita`, then went down to Rome to see the Pantheon, Piazza della Fontana di Trevi, then up to Florence and Piazza Signorile, took a quick step over to Spain to see what they were doing in the big square in Madrid, then popped over to the Beach in Tenerife (did you know the time in Tenerife is the same as in Blighty?), hopped over to Mykonos, and now to finish off I think I'll take a trip to Greece. So that's Athens done. And in Athens it is already tomorrow 3 August and the time is 01.05., with lots of cars still on the street in front of the PARLIAMENT building with the web-cam mounted on the Hotel Gran Bretagna in Syntagma square. And all thanks to the web-site a Trieste.eu and the link at the bottom of the front page.

Re: Live Web-cams.

Where shall I go tonight? Let's start off in Piazza Unita`. The pop down to Rome and the Piazza Navona with the fountains of Neptune and the Four Rivers. There seems to be water in the Neptune fountain although I understood that Rome had shut off all the fountains. Ah well, that's Rome for you. Over to Madrid and the square Puerta del Sol. Seems to be some entertaiment going on down there with two large rings of spectators surrounding performers in the middle applauding and here comes a cop-car with sirens blazing cutting through the crowds in the square. Back up for a look at Ponte Vecchio in Florence. Not much to see too dark. so, over to the Canaries and La Playa Grande a Las Canteras, Gran Canaria. Still lots of folk about and strangely enough, the time there is the same as in England. How about Athens and the Legendary Acropolis, all lit up. And below that, as I know, is the famous Placa, the night spot of Athens with all the bars, restuarants and bistros. I've passed a few hours up there with friends. Great place. Lets try Venice. Nice view of the Bacino di San Marco and the Riva degli Schiavoni with the boats coming and going. Jump over to Paris but all that's there is the Eiffel Tower all lit up. Big Jump over the Atlantic to Hollywood Beach, Florida. Time there 1730 hours. Not many folks about, so jump down to the Strip in La Vegas. Time there is 1430. So Las Vegas is three hours behind Florida. Plenty of folks about and lots of traffic. I think that is the Stratosphere Hotel with a huge advertising screen working. But lets go back to Europe and Hungary and Budapest and the castle of Buda on the banks of the Danube coursing by and the web-cam is obviously mounted in Pest cos Buda is on one side of the river and Pest is on t'other. And whilst I am over this way lets go to Rumania and Sighisoara in Transylvania, the city where Conte Dracula was born. That's killed a little time tonight hopping around parts of the world. These web-cams are great and they are live so you see all the folks milling around in real life.

Re: Live Web-cams.

Why should I have all the fun. Here is how to access all the functioning web-cams placed around the world. Have fun folks.

Log onto www.atrieste.eu. When the site comes up there is a page mainly Blue. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the link there where it says 'Pagine su Trieste'. That opens a page where, on the right hand side you will find a small box with the word 'Indice' where it has the word webcams. Click on that and you get a list of places in Trieste you can look at including Piazza Unita. . Click on second box for Piazza Unita and you will get a video of the Piazza. and on the right hand side of the picture there is a box showing 'Tutte le Webcam' click on that and you will get a page showing all the countries listed where the webcams are functioning. Click on any you want and up she comes. Great fun. And these vidoes from the web-cams are LIVE and in real time. See how the folks are enjoying themselves.
Cheers.