Return to Website

BETFOR Association

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Message  Board

Our editorial policy is based on the ideas of free speech and respect for others.

Forum: British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Old Soldier's Home Needs Help (site)

The Old Soldier's Home for TRUST Troopers has been using a guest book instead of a forum and it is over 500 posts so no one can post any more. I noticed that BETFOR has this lovely forum and that it is a true forum and not a mere "guest book" so it is more flexible. The Old Soldier's Home is also hosted by Bravenet.

My question is this - in using Bravenet to host your forum, is it free or is there a charge?

I think we could just start a new forum - especially if the price is right.

I hope the administrator will reply to me!

Thank you!

See some of you in Gorizia!

Re: Old Soldier's Home Needs Help (site)

Frances, it is possible to set up a message forum free. That would, of course, have advertisements and it would not be possible to upload photos.

Email  

So I assume that this forum is a paid site, since I do not see any ads. Thank you.

The charges are not great and the advantages are. They can be seen othe Bravenet website.

Email  

You can always post messages on the Yahoo Trieste Troopers website. Why not use that instead of setting up another web-site? I use it occasionally.

Email  

Frances, there is no difficulty in setting up a free message forum. It seems to me that the problem will lie in informing the Trust people where the new website is if, as you say, it's impossible to post anything new on the Guestbook. Is Skelly out of touch? If he was the sole administrator and could be contacted, it might be possible to delete some earlier posts - which might free up space.

Has Griffiths no admin powers?

Email  

Yes, Skelly is out of touch despite multiple attempts to contact him by all emails and phone numbers.

And Skelly was the only one with admin privileges.

I have raised the problem with the Bravenet Support Team and asked for their assistance. I'll keep you informed of any help they can offer.

Email  

Frances, Bravement have deleted some earlier posts so that it should be possible to post on the Gueastbook - but I don't know how much space has been released.

It should be possible to set up a message forum and then pass on the information about the new address. If I can help please let me know.

Email  

Steve L of the Bravenet team has deleted some earlier posts and some TRUST members have been able.e to post but there seems to be no effort to find a lasting solution.

Thanks, I saw a couple of people posted today. I hurriedly set something up but now I can't post it because when I try I get a message that the page is not found.

I guess I will post it here and also put it on the yahoo group and maybe there will be a way to post it on the old guest book.

Thank you.

Frances, I have emailed Hank who is one who has managed to post on the Guestbook but he hasn't replied. Griffiths has managed tp post on your new Forum. Can you get him to post something on the Guestbook.

Email