Return to Website

BETFOR Association

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Message  Board

Our editorial policy is based on the ideas of free speech and respect for others.

Forum: British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Vinegar

I've just finished talking via Skype to my friend in Trieste. He uses a lot of different vinegars with his food. One he showed me is Apple Vinegar or Cider Vinegar.
Anybody ever tried or even heard of it? Now you all know about Balsamic Vinegar of Modena but did you know you can also get a bottle of Cream of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. It's usually aged 12 years!! So Friday when I go shopping in Tesco I'll have to take a look at the shelf with the vinegars on and see if I can find a bottle of Cider Vinegar. My son Paul has just been searching on his tablet for Crema all'aceto Balsamica di Modena but has found too many to be able to find the one my friend in Trieste says. And, incidentally, he is still walking around his house nude because of the heat!!

Email  
Re: Vinegar

An elderly relative of mine used to drink Cider Vinegar neat and swear it was good for you!!!!! I decided that, like many old "remedies", it was far worse than anything it might be "good for".

Email  

Harry, should I find any on the shelves of Tesco I'll buy a small bottle. I've taken note of what you said and will only use the tip of a finger to try it out.

Email  

My father in law took it with honey and hot water every morning for his arthritis. You can use it to lower blood sugar/pressure after carbohydrates suggested quantity 2 tablespoons. Yes you can buy it in Tesco, Sainsbury etc

Good luck, will see you skipping through Gorizia in September!

Email