BETFOR Association

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Message  Board

Our editorial policy is based on the ideas of free speech and respect for others.

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Internet problems.

Tonight has been unpleasant as far as my internet connection has performed. Even when I was on Skype to Trieste, we had problems. And every so often a big screen from Microsoft telling me I was disconnected and offering to clear it up. Could this be anything to do with the weather?

Re: Internet problems.

Our telly and the recorder box have sometimes recently been out of sorts. there was an apology of sorts on the screen saying that it was due to the weather conditions, citing the high pressure at the time. I've no idea why - or even whether high pressure affects the telly. With wi-fi, it's a toss-up; does anyone really understand what's going on? There are so many variables; do you use it at busy times? Does the provider always give the punters a square deal? Is the speed what they say it is? There are a few notorious firms who give poor service and poor customer service. Anyone who's a victim should change.

I have an Epson printer and it worked perfectly well on a wireless connection with my laptop until I downloaded the latest Microsoft updates. It stopped. Yet I could still communicate wirelessly with my sons printer in another room wshich is a HP Envy.
So today gave up trying to fix the problem myself and called in a technician. It now seems to work OK again wirelessly with mt Epson. Fingers crossed.

In house CCTV.
I purchased an dash-cam for about 25 quid delivered. If they will work in a car moving at 30 mph or more, they should also work in the house. All you need is an AC/DC adaptor and what d'you know? I happened to have one lying around in the house. Connected together with a USB cable, plugged in and it switched itself on. So now will contact the company which had a special offer a short time ago to see if they have any more and if they also sell AC/DC adaptors. That way I can put one in every room. I'll let you know what the result is after I contact the company. OK?

Larry.Get your self a dog it will be company for you and keep the would be burglars away.Have a good day Roland

Roland, sorry friend, but I happen to be one of the few Brits who think ALL dogs shuld be destroyed. They are the cause of more diseases and illness than anything else and are just dirty animals.

I contacted the company and apparently they still have some of these dash-cams available at the special discount price so I have placed a temporary order for three more. Unfortunately they do not sell the AC/DC adaptors but that is a small problem as these are available in other shops. Told them I will be incommunicato for the next week but hopefully they will accept my order and keep it for me.