BETFOR ASSOCIATION

Message Forum

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sgt Kevin McGuigan

Greetings to all,
I am looking for anyone who might remember my (now deceased) father, (Sgt) Kevin McGuigan, who did his National Service in Trieste in the late 1940s/early 1950s. I'd be grateful for any information.

Re: Sgt Kevin McGuigan

Sean, what was your father's unit.

Hi Harry, thanks for getting in touch. My Father was in the Field Security Section (FSS). He went over there in 1950, as a Corporal, doing his national service. He was later promoted to Sergeant. I know very little about his service experience, and can't ask him now - he died in 2004.

Hi Sean, I thought it sounded familiar. I joined TSO in 1952 so your dad had proably gne home by then. There's quite a bit on the mai website about TSO - you may fnd it interesting.

Many thanks Harry, it's good to hear from you. I have had a good look at the website, but found nothing relating to my Dad. It's quite likely that you (nearly) took over from him. I really wish he'd recorded more about what went on in Trieste during his time there, I only have hints. Have you recorded your memoirs? I'd be glad if you did.

Regards,

Sean McGuigan