BETFOR ASSOCIATION

Message Forum

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Larry Southgate

It is with great heartache and sadness that I am writing this to inform you that Larry Southgate (my dad) passed away yesterday afternoon (13.2.2019) following a battle with pneumonia, which sadly he lost.

Re: Larry Southgate

It is with great regret to hear that Larry as attended his last parade.He will be missed by all the committees and members that new him I found his remenicies of his army service most informative and I will miss his postings on the web site.I will have a drink to you Larry at the A G M. Roland.

Roberta will you please let me know when your father will be buried and where. Regards Roland.

As soon as we know the date (hopefully will find out on Monday) will let you know. Location will be Stockport Crematorium as per Dad’s wishes.

The funeral of Larry Southgate will take place on Saturday 23rd February, at Stockport Crematorium. Location of wake to be confirmed.

The funeral of Larry Southgate will take place on Saturday 23rd February at 10.45am at Stockport Crematorium. Location of wake is to be confirmed.

Roberta Lawless

The wake for Larry Southgate will take place at:
Governors Hotel,
Cheadle Hulme
SK8 7EQ
Following the service at the Crematorium

My condolences to the family. I met Larry at the AGM in Bedford last year but had some correspondence via this forum.

Roberta has emailed this copy of a letter she has received:#

The following is the link to the page on the Signals' website where the Last Post appears;

https://royalsignals.org/royal-signals-association/last-post/

(Copy and paste)

I've just come across this photo of Larry chatting to two chaps. Sorry - I don't know who they are:

It was nice to see the photograph you posted.
Thank you.

Roberta

I met his dad, a good man. I'm really sorry. Greetings from Trieste.