BETFOR ASSOCIATION

Message Forum

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Promises, promises.....

The folks at Bravenet don't often email me - but when they do, I fear the worst. The most recent foretold of an exciting upgrade that is soon to infect our "hosting". I have to confess that I didn't understand anything about the delights that await us in a few weeks' time and I have to confess too that I haven't availed myself of their offer to let me try the new set-up in advance. I suspect that, if I stick my head in the sand and continue to stick in the mud, enough will become plain.

Like Roy, I'm a fan of You tube; with its help I've been able to mend the fridge door and to operate the complex little box of tricks that controls the central heating. You have to be willing to listen to the American accent and high-pitched voice of the chap with the whispy beard who knows about the problem. I tried the Trieste thing too and enjoyed a tour of Trieste on a mountain bike. The was also a film of the New Zealanders entering Trieste.

Re: Promises, promises.....

For a Monty Python view of the army obsession with marching, copy and paste the following:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=michael+palin+marching+up+and+down+the+square