BETFOR ASSOCIATION

Message Forum

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Girod'Italia.....

….starts tomorrow in Bologna. Here's our usual cycling photo;

Simon Yates, second last year, is said to have a good chance.

Re: Girod'Italia.....

How to watch on TV? I'm not sure yet but, if you're a mean b r like me and don't get Eurosport, there will be highlights on freeview Quest (Ch 37). It's usually on about 7 pm and the advantage is they can tell the narrative of the day's events.

This is from last year's race; it's in the Dolomites:

It's on at 7pm but not today - it starts tomorrow on Quest.

The presentation on Quest is not a patch on previous programmes. The most common picture is of the front of the peloton across the road and the commentary is poor. The adverts seem endless.

A crash near the front caused many hopefuls in the GC (General Classification) to lose a lot of time. Simon Armitage made a great attempt to get back but I don't know how much time he lost. Niboli was also affected so the Italians may try to reduce the loss.

Rained stair-rods all day- so dangerous that all GC riders were given the same time. Water was coming UP from the drains.

"We are the Dday dodgers in sunny Italy!!!"

after 2 weeks the Giro arrives in Como. Rest day on Monday before the final week begins. Yates lying 8th overall but probably a little too far off the pace to make the podium at the Verona Arena on 2nd June. It is greAT tv by Eurosport.