BETFOR ASSOCIATION

Message Forum

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dave Gunning

I have just had very welcome telephone call from Dave. He asks me to put on the Message Board his best wishes to all his former readers - and that I do most willingly.

When the phone rang, with a number I didn't recognise, my first thought was that it might be a cold call and I was overjoyed when I realised it was Dave. We all remember his regular posts, "News from North Wales". As a member of the Royal Air Force, he held a unique position. I was always impressed with the matter of fact way he mentioned the things he did always modestly; he prepared the notices for the chapel he attended and worked on the planting for the local railway station.

Dave tells me that he is almost housebound, has been in hospital a lot and depends on Sylvia for assistance.

Re: Dave Gunning

Thanks for passing the news on Harry. He seemed to vanish overnight. I have missed my Sunday morning gardening advice including the weather forecast. It was a bit like listening to the Archers for me, a very comforting start to my Sunday. If he contacts again, please pass my best wishes to him and Sylvia.