BETFOR ASSOCIATION

Message Forum

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
El Tram....

If you fancied a trip on the tram you'd be disappointed.

This is the replacement bus. I've no idea whether it's been finally shut down and there have been numerous trial runs but...…

( By the way, Il Piccolo's photo works as a video; this doesn't.)

Is it a sign of age when you wish people would stop altering things?

Re: El Tram....

Sorry to correct you but that bus goes to Muggia .You need a number 2 if you want to go to Opicina..My friends tell me the trams are ready to run but health and safety is being used. By the politions not to spend the money required.We live in hope 🚃🚃🚃🚃

I was relying on Trasporti Trieste who say:

Linea 39
VILLA CARSIA – STAZIONE CENTRALE
ANDATA: Villa Carsia – Opicina – Trebiciano – Padriciano – Basovizza – Strada per Basovizza – S.Cilino – Università – Via Fabio Severo – Stazione Centrale

BUT they also say:

Linea 2
LINEA TRANVIARIA: VILLA OPICINA – PIAZZA OBERDAN (1 tratta) – Linea tranviaria
ANDATA: Opicina – Via Nazionale – Obelisco – Via Commerciale – Cologna – Piazza Scorcola – Piazza Oberdan

Too confusing for me - but I have to admit the tram stop is in Piazza Oberdan and t does say, "Linea tranviaria" -- but I still bet it doesn't go up the tram track.

Harry. The number two runs alongside the track in a few places it goes straight up to Opicina turns at the roundabout and comes back to Trieste..The strange thing I noticed at the tram station was the information boards were still working also the traffic lights controlling the traffic over the tram lines were still working ??.