BETFOR ASSOCIATION

Message Forum

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE ASHES

There were just 2 failures to connect, Albert Mattey and Marino Riosa, so everyone else has the message.

This is the site for your responses. Closing date 7 July.

Go on have a go.

If Albert and Marino are seeing this, please send an email so that the address we have can be amended

Re: THE ASHES

Sorry, it should read ASHES 2009

Re: ASHES 2009

By crystal ball - 5321.......DUCK.

4493 with Straus getting 3 tons

6,044 (mostly scored by England)!!!!

The Ashes will be won by England,and i will have my last four,5483,runs scored,Ponting scoring the odd Three.
Will you be watching the Paint dry instead Roy ?????.

I hope that doesn't mean that I have to watch them. They are less exciting than Formula 1.
One day and 20/20 are OK.
Make Test Matches to maybe 135 overs per innings.

It looks like I will have to get amongst the TS holiday-makers to get anywhere near a decent entry. Not a reply for 5 days. Harry have they all been disconnected ?

315 Roland Cole emailed me with 5408 (the rest is silence)

SEVENTEEN DAYS LEFT !

England win but poor scoring,4036 my last 4

Gene, good to see you showing an interest in the forthcoming ASHES series.

Cricket scores exactly like baseball, they are runs not points, although there are more of them than in baseball.
Yes it is the total number of runs scored in the 5 matches by both teams.
Please have a go. Work on around 1000 in each of the 5 matches and you could be fairly chose, but remember the weather may play a major role. The British summer can be very unpredictable !

England to win the ashes scoring5217 runs.

Well you want a pick so I will make one. From what I can tell, England is a big favorite to win so I will go with England winning. For total points I am guessing 6,710. I have read several articles on Google and mixed the estimates in my hat and made my pick just as the telephone rang and startled me so rather than delete the last two numbers I struck I left them stand. One guess is as good as another.

One thing this exercise has done is to further enlighten me about the sport of cricket. I am waiting to hear what Larry's input will be. What did you guys do to him on your trip to Trieste? Did he find that he was vulnerable to the swine flu?
Gene

Put me down for 5315, a wild guess, but connected with my grand daughters birthdays. Unless there are some late entries, I must be in with a chance