BETFOR ASSOCIATION

Message Forum

British Element Trieste Force 1945 - 1954
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local meeting in Stockport area.

If anyone reads this please note that the next meeting is scheduled for next
Tuesday 18 December at the Carvery on Councillor Lane, Cheadle, at 1230 for 1300 hrs. Can't remember the exact name but it's something like Mickel Brook.
Anybody living within easy distance of Stockport is cordially invited to attend, if only to wish fellow members a Merry Christmas and have a shandy.
Larry.

Re: Local meeting in Stockport area.

Just a timely reminder if anyone is interested. Local Stockport/Manchester meeting in the Mickel Brook Carvery on Councillor Lane, Cheadle, is on Tuesday next 18 December, 1230 for 1300. Anybody with an hour or so to spare living within easy reach of Cheadle,such as Stockport, Manchester, Wilmslow, Eccles, Knutsford, Altrincham, Sale, Sandbach, (North and South Poles, well, the weather makes me think of them,) will be very welcome to come along and share a pint of shandy and wish each and everyone a Merry Christmas.

Re: Local meeting in Stockport area.

My apologies to anyone who turned up for the meeting in the Mickel Brook Carvery but I was laid low by a sudden bout of influenza-type illness and spent the afternoon and evening in bed with a couple of paracetamols. It seems to have deserted this old body tonight, thank goodness, and I am once again ensconced in front of my laptop wzith a glass of that wonderful licquor called Scotch on the rocks.
Apologies once again for having gone absent (but with a good excuse this time).
Larry