Return to Website

Paper Flowers Discussion Forum

Welcome to my message boards. Only discussions about V.C. Andrews books here. All other topics will be deleted. This forum will have it's entries deleted periodically due to server space. Most posts will be left up for a year space allowing.

Paper Flowers Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flowers In the Attic & a quci ? about Broken Wings

The first time I read FITA, I was hooked on V.C. I was just reading a post from a girl who fell in love with Christopher. Well, let me tell you, the first time I read the series, I couldn't tell who I was in love with more, Paul or Julian. To me, they WERE real people, and I could relate to them all in a different way. Well, now, after reading the books for like the 500th time (I have to keep buying them because they fall apart!), I have decided that I love Christopher. He used to get on my nerves the way he went after Cathy all the time, but this time, I found myself rooting for him!
Anyway, my question is, is anyone else having a problem getting through Broken Wings? Is it me, or are these books getting worse? In my opinion, they need a new writer! That is why I re-read FITA again, because I just couldn't get through the first 20 pages of Broken Wings!

Re: Flowers In the Attic & a quci ? about Broken Wings

I agree with you. The newer series are hard to read. I couldn't get past the first book in the Logan series, and the Hudson series was out for 2 or 3 years before I got bored enough to read it. My aunt recommended that I read the De Beers series and I just finished it. I didn't like how the time span didn't grow with the characters, as with the Hudson series. Even in FITA, you could tell time moved on, and things changed. Anyway, Flowers in the Attic will always be my favorite!

Re: Flowers In the Attic & a quci ? about Broken Wings

i am hooked on VC Andrews books. They are all that i read and i agree with you both: no other book will beat FITA. I must say that the other series i have read werent that bad though. i agree thay DO need another writer for her novels.

Re: Re: Flowers In the Attic & a quci ? about Broken Wings

I was a teenager when I first read FITA. I was hooked and for a couple years I read every VC Andrews book I could find. After reading the first 4 series I found that books all were about the same, either poverty stricken or wealthy, all the main characters had found out they were the opposite of what they grew up believing and there was always incest of some sort. I started reading the Logan Family series and quickly became bored with it and haven't read any of VC Andrews books for years. I just read April Shadows in about 3 days and found it to be more appealing to me than the ones I tried to read before. Maybe they have gotten it right once for a LONG time, then again, maybe I just haven't read any VC Andrews books for a long time and find them interesting once again. I agree, nothing can beat FITA!