Owners: Anchor Shipping & Foundry Co. Ltd., Nelson
Length overall: 218' 0"
Beam: 34' 5"
Draught: 12' 6"
Built: 1957, completed April
Builders: E.J. Smit & Zoons Scheepswerven N.V., Westerbroek, Holland
Holds: 2 (70.5', 45.75')
Hatches: 2 (steel) (57', 32.25' x 18')
Derricks: 1 x 15 tons, 6 x 5 tons
Engines: Oil 2SA 5Cy. 340 x 570mm. 800bhp by British Polar Engines Ltd.
Service speed: 12 knots
The first of two small colliers (sister Titoki), specially built to service the small river bar harbours of Westport and Greymouth on the west coast of the South Island. Coal was the major cargo from these ports and was carried to various ports around NZ including Wanganui, Napier, Gisborne, Tarakohe, Whangarei, New Plymouth, and Wellington.
From mid 1975, Totara was transferred to the Nelson-Onehunga general cargo run when Pukeko was withdrawn. She remained on this run until laid up in Nelson in April 1978.
1978: Sold to Ruby Marine Ltd,. Singapore, renamed Pacific Bold. As such she made a few return voyages to New Zealand.
1987: Sold to Island Enterprises (Pte.) Ltd., Male and Antares.
1990: Sold to Island Trade & Travel Pte. Ltd., Male and renamed Sygnus.
1991: Sold to M/S Mahaal Tours of Maldives and renamed Riviheli.
July 2000: Reported sold to Indian Shipbreakers (sale could have taken place earlier than this).