​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

For anything relating to the 44ft Lifeboats

I have my very own 44ft MLB engineer EN3/MKCS William Collette Ret.
who has very kindly agreed to help you with your engineering questions.

General
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: 44' MLB versus the 47' MLB

I got to U.S.C.G. Sta Coos Bay ORE. in 95' and have 4yrs active there and 6yrs reserve. I was trained on the 44's and INTREPID as a boat eng., I've loged many of hrs on then when they were using LORAN still. The 44361 was my boat(I was the eng. boat keeper)and when I got there her name was B.E.E.C.E and that soon changed I spent countless hours polishing, cleaning, and polishing, along with endless hours of TLC which brought her to be the most realiable 44' and the best looking.I was also one of the crew to pick up the new 47 for our unit and got qualified on it as well.I've had my Coxswain material signed of for both boats (44-47)and have alot of stick time on both unable to pass the nav rules until resently(2004)I can tell you that the 44 is the boat I would want my family on if things got bad, shes plain simple and will never let you down, from putting an 80' trawler to the dock or searching for people in the water in 30' surf, hands down the Coast Guard made a big mistake with replacing the 44, with the 47, As the old saying go if its not broke don't fix it, and if your going to fix it make it better. In my opinion there is not better replacement for the 44 than it self.
Any questions feel free to ask