​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

For anything relating to the 44ft Lifeboats

I have my very own 44ft MLB engineer EN3/MKCS William Collette Ret.
who has very kindly agreed to help you with your engineering questions.

General
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
44319 & 30611

Saw photo's of 44319 on the web site. remembered when I was Xpo of Sta Hatteras inlet 90-94. 319 was surveyed and placed on the dock after a hull scan showing severe pitts in the hull. structural integrity was a concern. She went to the yards and some extensive repairs made her service ready again. Photos now show she looked as good sa any one of the NMLB school boats of that time. Where did she end up?
Had many hairy cases searching for no boating fools in the middle of Diamond Shoals.... Also, anyone seen the photo of the 30' SRB launching thru a crest? Have a sequential set of shots of that(approach, punchthru,landing) but my scanner is Tango uniform. I wanted to give a H.Q. Photo journlist some surf shots after Hurricane Lily in the fall of '93. I designed a graveyard of the Atlantic station logo from that shot. Presented a copy of one to the Cape Hatteras Graveyard of the Atlantic Musieum before its construction. Still have one of the three origional airbrushed paintings......Any one interested in a brow dodger from the CGC Decisive 629 When she was homeported in New Castle, N.H.?