​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

For anything relating to the 44ft Lifeboats

I have my very own 44ft MLB engineer EN3/MKCS William Collette Ret.
who has very kindly agreed to help you with your engineering questions.

General
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
44' MLB Pictures from '80's and '90's

I am lookign to locate pictures of U.S. Coast Guard 44 foot motor lifeboats from the era of the 1980's and 1990's. I would really liek to get a hold of pictures taken at Cape Disappointment, Wash. or hte National Moor Lifeboat School. I have seen a few pictures of lifeboats operating in heavy surf right in fromnt of the rocks at the Cape, and I really want to see more! I have searched the USCG photo search utility, Google, Fred's Place, 44mlb.com, etc. and have not found all that many. I can't imagine that they're aren't any, as lifeboat operations must have been photographed a lot, even if only by the crew. Any other pictures of the Station at Cape "D" or the NMLBS would be wonderful. Thanks!

John

Re: 44' MLB Pictures from '80's and '90's

John,
I have alot of items that you may be interestested in. I have alot of pictures of the interior and exterior of the 44ft mlb from both the nmlbs and the boats I've served. I think I also have the 44ft motor life boat tech manual as well. I would like to talk more to you concerning these items and why you want them.
I served twenty years with these boats and have been in alot of situations that make me a believer that these boats when handled properly would take you out and bring you home under any situation. Please e-mail me so we may talk more.
I found this site just yesterday while taking a few minutes to remember my crews and boats while I was in the Coast Guard.
Thanks
Dan