​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

For anything relating to the 44ft Lifeboats

I have my very own 44ft MLB engineer EN3/MKCS William Collette Ret.
who has very kindly agreed to help you with your engineering questions.

General
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: 52 footer pictures and info?

I have to agree that the 52' Motor Lifeboat is one of the most capable rescue boats ever designed. We featured the MLB VICTORY (MLB-52312) in our Spring 2002 issue of Model Ship Journal and included plans as well as photos of the prototype. Because the USCG is tops in my book, we run a standard feature called "U.S. Coast Guard In Scale" in each issue as thanks for all they have done for mariners as well as model makers. There is also a replica in 1/24th scale of the USCG MLB INTREPID (MLB-52312) on permanent display in Seattle, Washington at the USCG Museum Northwest. The 52 footers were built like miniships and their crews universally sing her praises. In fact, I have never heard a bad remark about these boats in many dealings with USCG personnel.

Victor Baca

Rfitor & Publisher

MODEL SHIP JOURNAL

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Does anyone have pictures of where things were placed inside the 52's? Also, who made and desinged the 52?

Re: Re: 52 footer pictures and info?

I don't believe I have any pics of the inside of the Victory, but I do have pics of her on a couple of missions in the late 70s and 1980, and some pics of the 44300 after she (and the yaquina bay boathouse, and dock) was run over by 700 foot freighter just after we brought her back from a biannual refitting (boy was Chuck Holden ******* as was Chief Haig).

Anyway, I've been meaning to take the negatives somewhere and get them digitized - promised the museum in Astoria to do that years ago.