​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

For anything relating to the 44ft Lifeboats

I have my very own 44ft MLB engineer EN3/MKCS William Collette Ret.
who has very kindly agreed to help you with your engineering questions.

General
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Former crew of 44-377

Has anyone out there served on, or simply knows anything about MLB 44-377. Are ther any photos of it's use with NASA or with the Virginia Institute of Marine Science? We are interested in any tidbit of history info, as we have purchased her and will be re-building her to former working condition.

Thanks,

-ray-

Re: Former crew of 44-377

I served in the U.S. Coast Guard in Galveston, Texas from 1975-1978 and did many SAR missions on 44377. I would be happy to provide you with any information I can, especially in the mechanical workings of the boat (I was a Machinery Technician). I am pleased to know that somebody is taking care of a boat that many people owe their lives to.

John Nichols

Re: Re: Former crew of 44-377

Thankyou for being so gracious, John.

We are in the final transactions for the boat's transferral but it isn't final yet. We should know in the next week or so. If it goes through I will contact you again. My buddy is up on diesels of all kinds so your knowledge would be a great asset to him.

I cannot think of a better possible time than getting together over a few brew and hearing your stories. I hope it's possible that this could happen.

-regards,

-ray-

Re: Re: Re: Former crew of 44-377

Hi Ray,

Great news to here that you are thinking of taking care of the 44377.

I tried to contact you yesterday via my normal e-mail address (mail@44mlb.com) without success, it was returned. I then tried with another e-mail account clive@lyse.net I would just like to know if this one got through to you?

Best regards,

Clive.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Former crew of 44-377

Affirmative. Some email accounts have blacklists when they encounter spam and won't connect to others. I always have a few active email accounts. Here are two others for me:

onst_222@hotmail.com

steampoweredpuppies@gmail.com

-ray-

Re: Re: Former crew of 44-377

John,

My buddy is still in the process of obtaining a 44 MLB and will hold off on most of his questions till later, but he is anxious to know how many (US)gallons per hour the boat will use at a cruising speed of 8 knots. (and my question) Can you use only one engine at a time if you need to?

Many thanks,

-ray-

Re: Former crew of 44-377

Ray, I served aboard the mighty 44377 as a coxswain. I was a second class boatswain mate in Galveston from 1970-71
I'm interested in what has become of her

Robert