​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

For anything relating to the 44ft Lifeboats

I have my very own 44ft MLB engineer EN3/MKCS William Collette Ret.
who has very kindly agreed to help you with your engineering questions.

General
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 44389

Hi Mike,

The 44389 was transferred to Tunisia in April 2001 under the Foreign Military Sales program together with 9 other 44's. More details can be found on the "Ex 44ft Lifeboats" page on this site.

Do you mean that the 44389 was stationed at South Haven with you and which state was South Haven in?

Best regards,

Clive.

Re: 44389

Hello Clive!
This is a great site and have enjoyed the experience of all those pics and info from all over the world and the 44's. I guess I didn't realize the magnitude of that particular vessel in the world. Just makes more even more impressed with it now. By the way, the 44389 was always stationed in St.Joseph, Mi. When I moved up the coast to South Haven, Mi. we were using a 40 footer there: 40508 which wasn't near the boat as the 44. I do remember taking the 40 from South Haven to the St Mary's River at Sault Ste. Marie, Mi in the Upper P of Michigan in November. That was one "Hell" of a boat ride! Wish we had the 44 then. It would have been alot more enjoyable ride for sure. The one thing I remember the most was going under the Mackinaw Bridge in the 40 boat and feeling so very small. A trip that I won't soon forget. Thanks again for all your work and information about these fine boats.