​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

For anything relating to the 44ft Lifeboats

I have my very own 44ft MLB engineer EN3/MKCS William Collette Ret.
who has very kindly agreed to help you with your engineering questions.

General
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EQUIPMENT LIST FOR 44

I don't remember having china on our 44 (44367). Heck, we never had any food on the boat to put on it anyway.

I agree, not a galley worth eating in or trying to prep food, but the china was under the seat cushion, starboard side of the turtle back. Packed as if from the builder, and all along the bottom of that compartment. So it was original, and I guess no readers thus far ever found that on their 44's. This was a newer boat, the 44358 with 6-53 series GMC's faster than the Cummins whales. Thanks

I started in the CG when the 44 MLB's were new. Ended up as a civilian working on them after I retireed from the CG. I worked on them till the last 44301 decomissioning as a CG civilian.
Over the years I made up daily check off list for deck and engineering as EPO and have been over every inch of 44 MLB and never have I even heard or seen a dinner ware set.
Our dinner ware set was paper plates [maybe] plastic spoons and two hot cups to warm up sea rations and instant coffee. The CG was never much for comfort for their crews when money was tight just for fuel to run them.
I knew the first crew on the 44300 Bernie Webber and Dan Davidson one still alive who laughted when I said it.
Let me say I have never seen or heard of dinner ware sets in the 1st CG District on a 44 MLB. [I also know never say never in the CG.]

I will never know why all that equipment was under the seats in the turtle back, green vinyl long cushions. The place settings were really nice, and official CG dishes, stripe around the edge and the shield. Should have borrowed more of these plates, would love them now. This case is closed as far as I am concerned. Thanks for your replies.