Return to Website

H_Squad Message Center

H_Squad Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Too many years ...

Hi all , just popping in to say g`day , wish I had more spare time to catch up with you all but RL is too demanding , teenagers keep you on the move. Hope all is well with you all and 2014 is being kind. Life down under hasn`t changed too much ,just getting older and fatter ,I can`t stop getting older, but I should try and lose 20kg ( so my wife keeps telling me and she is always right ). Phot on home page is interesting , I see SB , H_Farfy and H_Paul ..... Thats not a ghost from flight sims past in the background ?

Anyway , keep the H flying guys , have fun and keep posting .

Cheers

H_Natalcleft

p.s. Check out flight simulator " Prepar3d " , it`s worth looking into.

Re: Too many years ...

Greetings H_Nat

Very good to hear from you! Glad you and your family are well. We are still crashing a few helos, but not every night like the old Combat Flight Simulator days. Mostly flying from rooms hosted by others listed at

http://www.fsopen.co.uk/info/sessions/

Let us know if you can squeeze in an FSX flight and we will try to make the time arrangements, but I am sure your family keeps you hopping.

Perhaps you would recognize the "ghost from flight sims past" if he were flying, oh, say, a Miller Chinook?? lol

You mention Prepar3d. It is my understanding that this is Lockheed Martin's revised version of Microsoft's FSX. Are you using this or have tried it? I would be interested in your impressions.

Sb

G`day SB et al , that would have to be a Yellow Chinook

Yes Prepar3d is the "old" FSX now taken over by Lockheed Martin , ver 2 is what I`m flying and it has impressed me so far. Graphically it`s better but then I`m running a i7 3930 cpu @ 3.20 GHz with 16gb of ram , GTX 670 video card with a 256 mb SSD drive. So IT should look good as I have all the setting except for traffic set to max. The interface is not as good, as you launch the game directly into a preset flight which means you have to come back out to change settings ( I suppose the rational there is it opens up for you on a preset mission ready to go for your training flight)( you just need to have everything organised and saved before hand like a good teacher should

Everything in FSX is compatible with Prepar3d , scenery seems to have a few bugs still and is a bit more difficult to install ( for me anyway ) I imagine these problems will be resolved eventually as there is too much FSX material / user / creators to be ignored.
It gets a thumbs up from me I`d post some pics but I cant but if you Google around there`s plenty to drool over. My 3 cents worth

Cheers

H_Natalcleft

Nat

Thank you for your highly valued opinion of Prepar3d. Sounds like a viable replacement for FSX.

Sb

The more I use it more I like it. Have managed to work out how to add fsx scenery into it. If you have auto installing scenery it may not work .
Time will improve for sure.

Cheers guys

Natal

Yo Nat !!

Good to hear from ya mate !
We are still kickin, and thanks to H_Farfy creating some awesome helo scenery, plus hosting our FSX flights when he's not making money, LOL we are alive and well, that is to say for SB and Farfy, as for Paulie, he's alive and beyond well eh !!! and it's good to see DG once again, maybe he will fly a tad more than chasing women I guess, LOL

Hope to connect with you soon, please keep in touch as it's nice to hear from ya sir!!

H_Paul

Paul....you mean DG actually came back to life??????I sure would like to get back in the sim with yall...I havent done flight sim for a while now, since my joystick went haywire.

Yo Speedie!

Yeppers, the H_Pres for life showed up and flew with us........blew out the cobwebs, made us proud cause he still could land a helo

Hope all is well and great to hear from ya sir!
Summers are slow for hooking up MP games, but when the weather turns cool, not for Paulie tho, he's in SoCal working on his tan, LOL.......but for Superbird, Farfy, we try to connect weekly about 7pm eastern, so if you can get another JS, we'd love to see ya in some of our games, we also use Skype for coms.....

Hope to see ya in the skies soon

H_Paul

Thank you sir....good to hear from you again. I would really like to get my hardware and software back in flying condition. BTW....did DG fly his coveted red CH-47?

Yo....Nate...I am still around as well. I have had this sight as my home page since H_Riptide started it.....good to see ya.