Return to Website

UWUA Local 424 Forum

READ BEFORE VIEWING OR POSTING

Opinions stated here are of each individual and not of the Local 424 Executive Board, UWUA and it's affiliates, or the Webmaster of this site unless specifically stated. Any posts with personal attacks, crude language (including screen names), or posts deemed to be a detriment to the Union will be removed.

Forum: UWUA Local 424 Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
I Agree

I saw this on the internet...

"A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose motivation."

How true in both the union and salary sides of it. Running a company with an iron fist has results that are anti-productive.Those in charge are usually so full of themselves with the power that they are blind to the actual results. Micro-managing has the same effect. Those put in charge just do not get it and that is why 90% of the work force cannot wait to leave or retire. It was never like that before. When you have guys that have never been disciplined over long careers and come to work every day and give it their all and THEY are P.O.'ed, then somebody in management is doing something wrong. I've even recently had a contractor make a comment expressing similar views. Stop trying to make your mark managers by re-inventing the wheel, you're just ticking people off and making it a miserable place to work.
(of course salary people would never speak their mind in fear of losing their jobs and that to is unfortunate)

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting