Return to Website

UWUA Local 424 Forum

READ BEFORE VIEWING OR POSTING

Opinions stated here are of each individual and not of the Local 424 Executive Board, UWUA and it's affiliates, or the Webmaster of this site unless specifically stated. Any posts with personal attacks, crude language (including screen names), or posts deemed to be a detriment to the Union will be removed.

UWUA Local 424 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Downsizing of Elizabethtown Gas

P.S Larry ...Love Ya man...thanks for the phone call tonight...

No problem Coz. They can remove bodies from the company but they can't remove frienships. Glad to hear you sounded less stressed. Prior to yesterday I can tell you were. That is no way to live. I even feel sorry for some management/salary people that are cool. It's rough wondering everyday when you come to work if that is your last day or not (see holdinmyjob's post). It's a form of mental abuse I'd say. And that's a shame. Ya know what I'd like to see from Corporate America? Just once I'd like someone from a company come down to the workers or even send a personal letter saying how they are sorry that they had to lay you guys off but in the best interest of the company they feel this must be done. And wish you all the best. I guess rocker Bob Seger worked for Corporate America at one time also. That's why he wrote the tune "Feel like a number"...."I feel like just another, spoke in a great big wheel, like a tiny blade of grass in a great big field, I feel like a number, I'm not a number.....". Peace all.

Well,
Today was our first day back in
meter reading and our army of 14
was only 11 Two guys were out
sick and 1 on vac day.So as you know
NOTHING is getting done.AGL cracks me up.
1st they say "Reading the meters are #1 right now"
So what do they do cut the dept down 10 people
after 24 people could not do all of the work.
NUI bad or not had over 30 guys working in that dept.
And yes our two 58yr+ Meter readers are still here

Hell it was only $104,000 cash she left

You guys can't get to your work due to no bodies, they have the street dept doing turn-ons when there are many leaks that need to be repaired ("Classified" is another word for rolling the dice and hoping nothing blows up), responders are running around like chickens without heads, and customers are pissed off because they wait and wait and wait and wait (a responder told me one waited 10 days to get the gas turned on!). Great time to reduce the workforce pencil pushers! And what are these guys from Georgia doing? The only changes I've noticed is for the worse. Seriously. I'm not just taking a shot at them. Since AGL took over the company is run way worse than when d***head Junior was in charge. What's that tell you?! They are looking to the wrong people as the problem.

now thats what i call a bda attitude with TRUTH.....

Dont worry guys...Paula will fix it ...

It is sad what has happened at ETG. As a former 20 year employee let go by the Wicked Witch of the South and her flying monkeys - Martinez, Carter and Woods - it is hard to believe that the NJBPU allows all the layoffs to happen! Aren't the customers complaining to the BPU? The NUI debacle and AGL are the laughing stocks of the utility industry!!! Local #424 has to take a stand and stick with it! This paper/virtual company that AGL runs here in NJ is a sham! Good Luck folks!