Warriors Kingdom Forum

The Forum on Heidelberg and South Port United Soccer clubs Greek History, Manowar and more! Forum rules 1. All messages must be posted in either Greek or English. 2. No abuse towards another person, ethnic group will be tolerated. 3. No get rich quick schemes. Breaking these rules will result in your message being deleted, cautioned, and placed on a card. Red card = out.

Warriors Kingdom Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TENNIS CHAOS AT 2008 AUSOPEN!

The more time that passes since Tuesdays events, the more the police add to their ‘version’ of what transpired.

They are making claims about who did what and threatening to charge individuals without providing evidence to back up their claims.

I along with dozens of other people witnessed the whole incident and can honestly say that no police officers were assaulted and no police officers had beer poured over them!

The police should substantiate their claims and allegations by releasing the CCTV footage that shows Constable Old’s actions at least 30 minutes prior to the altercation and then his actions during and after the ‘spraying’ which would also show the actions of his fellow officers.

Channel 7 also has footage that it filmed with their court side cameras that should be made public in order to help ‘clear’ the air.

To sum up all the above in more simple terms-

Victoria Police- show us the footage!!!

Re: TENNIS CHAOS AT 2008 AUSOPEN!

It is so refreshing to hear somebody who I assume is a anglo (from the name rob)agree with the genetal comments.

I would also like to know what ever happened to the two chilean girls that apparently reported the fan club for swearing?? Why have they disapeared off the face of this earth without being seen ???

Where is the footage of the police man on the ground getting beaten up? Did no camera bother to take this ? I would find it hard to believe that they did not take this footage as they took just about everything else. What happened to the bottles that were thrown??? I only saw one small bottle which was plastic thrown.

What happened with the spitting - wjere is the footage???

This is more of a mystery then who shot Kennedy!

I think that it was just over the top! Seriously, it was viewed all over the world! I did see a bottle being thrown at the cops from afar on TV but who's to say the Greeks did it?

The footage was edited in such a way (as it usually is) & innocent bystanders got sprayed too! The female cop was shown on TV - she just went straight upto one of the Greeks, sprayed him and walked off!

Since when did standing too close to a cop get you sprayed? The cops will always 'win' regardless of the other side of the story. In this case there isn't 2 sides to every story - just THEIR side.

Yes I totally agree with your comments. The Australian police have sucessfully made the Australian commynity look like a group of thugs and louts which we clearly are not!

And then they had the nerve to put the blame on the Australian public and not take any owness of their actions. If they thought that 15 (as quoted by media sources) people chearing at the tennis are hooligans - I think they would be well served to go and visit the mighty Xarilaou stadium when mighty Aris plays Paok next and then see what hooligans and thugs are really like. They would make our tennis fans look like sesame street.

Exactly! I think this is just the beginning and a few months may pass but next years Australian open we'll have the same problem!!

Why are the cricket fans not kicked out when they shout in the thousands the chant (insert name) is a W!@#$r ???? Yet the Greek fans get kicked out?? Why do you not hear about any football fans getting kicked out of the ground when they used some obscene and terribly offensive language yet you see the Greek fans getting kicked out when all they are doing is supporting a Greek sporting star?

Hypocricy ? I think so.