CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cardiff Pointe & Cardiff Bay

What is the latest news on The Bay & Cardiff Pointe development?

Up till now, what is planned to be built on the waterfront and what is already built that is apart of Cardiff Pointe?

Canoe Centre?
Proposed BBC Cymru HQ?
International Swimming Pool?
Doctor Who Exhibition?
Devils Ice Rink & Ski Slope?

Re: Cardiff Pointe & Cardiff Bay

plans submitted

is it me or does the image in the apartment look back to front, with Penarth Head on the left rather than being on the right?

Jantra
plans submitted

is it me or does the image in the apartment look back to front, with Penarth Head on the left rather than being on the right?

You mean this one?

Yeah, looks like it's been flipped to me.

EDIT: okay, I can't post pictures propertly

Barden
Jantra
plans submitted

You mean this one?

Yeah, looks like it's been flipped to me.

EDIT: okay, I can't post pictures propertly

Barden

this is what I typed

[a href=http://i.imgur.com/ivead.jpg]you mean this one[/a]

but replace the [] with <>

The bit that caught my eye was:

"It was also revealed yesterday that Greenbank Partnerships is hoping to build 217 units of affordable housing on two sites on the Grangemouth Peninsula, next to the Cardiff Pointe site."

Do we have more info on what plots? Potentially could this see all the plots in the ISV taken either by this group of the Bay Scape project?

take from the architects site

a few more renders of what this is expected to look like. I have to say I like the idea of 'European Urban form', with squares and parks. OK there may only be one or two squares but it is a start.

Lets hope this really does happen with Bayscape too. This part of town could become very special indeed if all parts of it come off as planned.

Overall this scheme looks fantastic! I really like the idea of the waterfront walks and parks being implemented in the design - if they build it as they've described it will be a great place to live. Those towers look quite impressive too!

Looks good but I always feel that such drawing underestimate the number of cars. The pictures show empty roads and those cars present are all neatly parked. I doubt that will be the reality, what with visitors, trades people, deliveries and with every resident having a car.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM