CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Morrisons Ty Glas, Llanishen

Morrisons Ty Glas is currently in the process of being renovated and extended. Hoardings went up a few weeks ago, and they're making quick progress of removing the existing extension and dismantling the roof.

Has anyone seen any pictures or plans of what the completed store is due to look like? I don't know if this is the kind of thing that would be found on the Cardiff Council website, but I've fought a losing battle with trying to find any form of planning documents related to it on that site.

Strangely, Morrisons only finished extending their car park onto the former site of Fitness First a couple of weeks before the hoardings went up and diggers moved in, covering a good third of said new car park in the process. I imagine the brand new tarmac won't be in the best of states after months of construction is completed.

Re: Morrisons Ty Glas, Llanishen

Of course, after posting about my lost battle with the CC website, I manage to work their online planning map out and find the documents.

Disappointingly it appears that the extended portion will be designed to match the rest of the store - they're not going for a full on external renovation like Sainsbury's, Thornhill. It's a shame, Morrisons Ty Glas is starting to look a bit dated now and this seems like the perfect opportunity to bring it in line with their newer stores.

The planning application (here) reads as follows:

Walls - description:
Description of existing materials and finishes:
Buff brick, colour: Light brown
Description of proposed materials and finishes:
To match existing

Roof - description:
Tiled roof, colour: Grey/ brown
To match existing

Windows - description:
PPC Aluminium windows colour: dark green
To match existing

Re: Morrisons Ty Glas, Llanishen

I guess they think they don't need to do much.

Unlike the west of the city, north Cardiff seems to be under-served by by big supermarkets. The Western Avenue Tesco, Coryton Asda & Llanishen Sainsburys & Morrisons always seem incredibly busy compared to places like Asda Leckwith or Morrisons in the Bay.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM