CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Residential care

I'm going through the business of trying to find a residential care home for an elderly relative in Cardiff. So far I'm surprised by how few places there are in north Cardiff (particularly Rhiwbina) where there are so many elderly people living. The council will pay a top up fee but so far their top up fee doesn't match the prices of any of the homes! Apparently there aren't any places in the council's own homes at the moment (anyone know what sort of standard they are?) so it's all rather tricky. Anyone have any useful advice?

Re: Residential care

"Cartref" in Llanishen is very good and as it's run by a "not for profit" company the fees are a bit more reasonable than other privately run homes. I think the same company also runs a home overlooking Roath Park lake.

A new one is being built next to my yard in Roath, least some activity going on down here

Wish you could have taken some pics to share Frank

Pictures of what?

I really don't know why I wrote that lol

I must be going mad due to lack of updates

I suppose photos of this residential centre are not top of the cardiffwalesmap-forum must see visual updates!! however I do encourage people to share any photos with us here. Never underestimate the geekiness of the good folk that visit this forum!! right they're putting gates on our lanes at last!! gotta go and get some pics!

indeed. actually if anyone has any photos of the one in Roath then that would be interesting to see. I am guessing you mean the one on the old laundry site? There was some controversy about knocking that down and it would be interesting to see how the developers have tried to keep the new build in keeping with the surrounding architecture.

Here I actually remembered you asked for a pic, but unfortunately it was wrong time of the day. I will try to take more next time I walk pass if I remember

If the pic don't upload properly here's the direct link

http://tinypic.com/r/nc9jc/6

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM