CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Knife sharpening (no, really)

This might be a random topic too far, but I can't seem to find anywhere in Cardiff to get my kitchen knives sharpened. Anyone know anywhere that provides this service? Cardiff Ontario, Cardiff Australia, Cardiff California and Cardiff New Jersey, yes, by Google - but not the original, our own fair city. My Sabatiers are in need of a good grind, if you'll excuse the phrase.

Re: Knife sharpening (no, really)

Don't Timpson's do that?

Lyndon
Don't Timpson's do that?

I believe so.

Lordcrow
Lyndon
Don't Timpson's do that?

I believe so.

So do I.

Well, thank you all - I had no idea they were that versatile.

Not according to their web site.
http://www.timpson.co.uk/services

Buy yourself a good knife sharpener, probably the reason why there is no need to have someone else do it for you

An update for all of you who recommended Timpsons - they no longer do this. Apparently they were stopped by Health & Safety. Grrr.

I have a knife sharpener, but they just don't work as well as those big old grindstones used to.

Might be a bit of an odd suggestion - but what about the natural history museum in st fagans - there's an old school blacksmiths there - I reckon he could sort them.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM