CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Roath Park or Bute Park? Which do you prefer?

I personally love Bute Park.

Re: Roath Park or Bute Park? Which do you prefer?

both, we are spoilt.

I like both - it's difficult to choose between as both are different in their type. I so agree with Jantra - we are so lucky to have both.

It's amazing to think we can walk up to the Brecon Beacons with only Pontypridd being an urban section.

The only thing I dislike about Roath Park is the number of birds that infest it.

Roath park for me, maybe because I live by there,

I use to enjoy during summers walking, starting from the penylan community centre, reck field, flower park (not sure if that's part of Roath park), and then to Roath park straight to the lighthouse, always use to be full of people.

Didn't they used to say that cardiff had more parkland per capita than any UK city.

Not sure if that is still the case as we are getting a lot more capita, and not a lot more parks.

Jantra
both, we are spoilt.

This

We are incredibly lucky in our two green corridors along Afon Taf and Nant Fawr. Good planning (for once) is rapidly producing another along Afon Elai.

concrete over 'em I says!

But seriously I love cycling through bute park in summer.

Bulldoze them both and get some social housing there!

I couldn't find the main Bute Park thread so thought I would put the latest update here. Quite a bit of work going on at the moment -

- the Mill Leat looks ready to be filled in a few weeks

- the ongoing 'interpretation' works to the ruins of the friary. I can't really get my head around whats happening here. I think it is a recreation of the Victorian interpretation of what the ruins of a medieval friary looked like. I guess all will become clear when it's finished.

- the wall running along the east boundary of the park is being repointed and/or rebuilt. I hope they will also re-tarmac the current cycle/pedestrian walkway whilst they are at it.

- a building is currently being erected at the east gate of the park (opposite the law courts). There is no render that I can find so I can't say what the building will look like or what it will be used for.

- static exercise stations are being installed at regular intervals in the Blackweir area of the park near where the path is

- a number of new wood carvings have been unveiled over the past months. There doesn't appear to be any common theme to them that I can tell but welcome nonetheless.

- there appears to be a wooden bridge being built across the dock feeder near to the older part of the RWCMD

I think that's about it.

As a dog owner Bute Park is easily the best, especially in the morning - loads of space and variety of terrain for dogs to run free and swim and steer clear from people and cars.

Karl
I couldn't find the main Bute Park thread so thought I would put the latest update here...

- there appears to be a wooden bridge being built across the dock feeder near to the older part of the RWCMD

This bridge is being used as part of the RWCMD based 'World Stage Design 2013' festival, the first time it has been held in Europe. I do not know if the bridge will remain after the festival is over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23987148

Been trying to think which park i like best, and in my head i added victoria park into the mix ( darn you paddling pool making my decision so hard ). Anyways in the end iv'e chosen Bute park as i feel like iv'e escaped the city more there.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM