CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What's wrong with this article...

http://blog.sleeperz.com/top-five-tourist-attractions-in-cardiff

Re: What's wrong with this article...

Pray tell...

Cardiff has the greatest number of tall buildings of any city in the UK.

That just CAN'T be true.

That just isn't true! and which bit of the millennium stadium is 400ft high

Of course it isn't true, but it's not stopping me from believing it. We all have our delusions.

TheLordcrow
.....We all have our delusions.

Shouldn't that be illusions?

no Torchwood, spillers isn't the oldest record store in the world (it has moved from the Hayes)

Cardiff City FC are now the red dragons

Jantra
Spillers isn't the oldest record store in the world (it has moved from the Hayes)

I have no idea if the Spillers claim is true or not. The fact it has moved from the Hayes is irrelevent to the claim though. Spillers was in the Queen's Arcade until the 1940s - so the claim has always been about the business not the premises.

Ash
Jantra
Spillers isn't the oldest record store in the world (it has moved from the Hayes)

I have no idea if the Spillers claim is true or not. The fact it has moved from the Hayes is irrelevent to the claim though. Spillers was in the Queen's Arcade until the 1940s - so the claim has always been about the business not the premises.

I'd say the claim is misleading then. It clearly states the oldest record store rather than the oldest record business.

I appreciate I am being pedantic. I was just looking for things wrong in the article.

Jantra
I appreciate I am being pedantic. I was just looking for things wrong in the article.

I would never ever accuse you of pedantry!

Jantra - pedantic - its almost the same word - without sounding Jantra - I mean pedantic

Bola Tew
Jantra - pedantic - its almost the same word - without sounding Jantra - I mean pedantic

phonetically, spell Jantra - if you can?

it would be interesting to see if you actually understand the words you are using.

Jantra
Bola Tew

it would be interesting to see if you actually understand the words you are using.

Jantra, I've been wondering about the origin of your name myself.

Jantra
Bola Tew

It would be interesting - really?
Surely you are not such a wretched dullard to find a complete stranger phonetically spelling your pseudnoym interesting?
Best you stay your numb skull with right wing pedantic economics, accounts, finance and such like square subjects than trying to venture into anything remotely interesting.

TheLordCrow
Jantra
Bola Tew

Jantra, I've been wondering about the origin of your name myself.

from my university days, me and a friend were producers of house music and the name came one night when this dutch girl was trying to ask for a particular track when we were dj'ing. it just stuck as we thought it was funny. she seemed to follow us around and always asked for the same tune. I had no idea what it was so always played the same thing over and over. she seemed to like it.

to this day I have no idea what it was she wanted me to play

it's pronounced yan-trah

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM