CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hope...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/plans-major-new-link-road-4314036

Re: Hope...

I like the bit when Big Russ says he doesn't know if the WG have actually committed any money towards the link road. That's possibly the most important bit Russell. I know Edwina Hart likes the link road but there again I like the houses on Cathedral Road, the prospects of me actually buying one are scant at best.

Also we have to prepare to be amazed by whats coming in the autumn re Central Square. The only way I would be amazed is if work actually starts on actual buildings. Another glossy masterplan full of ambitions, opportunities and indicative drawings will not amaze me. It will probably depress me.

I think you do the council a disservice Karl. Come the autumn we will have a masterplan showing central square adorned with a 200ft bronze statue of Comrade Hart with arm outstretched with hundreds of minion workers at her feet. It will be a fitting monument to Welsh Labour’s triumphalism. It will come to signify how we minions are here to serve our puppet masters politicians.

On a serious note, I share your scepticism. Cardiff is amongst the very best in the world at putting together masterplans and glossy fly by videos and renders. If only we were as productive with picks and shovels.

Jantra
I think you do the council a disservice Karl. Come the autumn we will have a masterplan showing central square adorned with a 200ft bronze statue of Comrade Hart with arm outstretched with hundreds of minion workers at her feet. It will be a fitting monument to Welsh Labour’s triumphalism. It will come to signify how we minions are here to serve our puppet masters politicians.

On a serious note, I share your scepticism. Cardiff is amongst the very best in the world at putting together masterplans and glossy fly by videos and renders. If only we were as productive with picks and shovels.

NO NO NO. Come this autumn a committee will be set up to discuss the frame of reference of a master plan with consultation sub-committee's with partners, to produce immediately (within 5 years) a policy, subject to those partners requirements, of an intention to do something. Of course a special committee will have to be set up to define 'something' and the implications of 'something' on the wider environment to include neighbouring authorities foreign governments and extensive travel to those parts of the world where something is done. Because of the sensitivity of the discussions, it will not be appropriate for any of the media to attend such meetings as this could cause unnecessary panic in certain quarters.

Henceforth the road shall be formally known as the A4232 Cardiff International PDP Southern Distributor Road Quarter

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM