CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New boss for Cardiff..

On the same day that Edwina Hart implied in her BBC interview (without admitting it publicly) that Labour policy (on spraying EU funds to every street corner which could vote Labour) had been a disaster for WG's reputation, Cardiff Council calls in someone serious to run the place. I think the condemnation of all local authorities of Cardiff's move is a sign that Cardiff has got it right, and there may be hope that at least someone in Wales is maturing. The fact that it has very quickly sunk in Trinitymirror's priorities for headlines is another sign that the public mood about Labour's service to Wales has shifted.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/outrage-erupts-over-plans-former-4316516

Re: New boss for Cardiff..

I don't know the man so I can't comment - at least he appears to be a heavy hitter.

That can't be said of other recent appointments by the Council at senior director level. None of them has a background in Welsh local government nor do they appear to have any knowledge of appreaciation of the devolved settlement, Wales or Welsh Culture.

If they been head-hunted from Manchester,Hong Kong or Boston - fine but Forest of Dean District Council FFS!

Why is Cardiff paying bucket loads of our cash to outsiders with no experience of running a major city?

Re: New boss for Cardiff..

Ash
I don't know the man so I can't comment - at least he appears to be a heavy hitter.

That can't be said of other recent appointments by the Council at senior director level. None of them has a background in Welsh local government nor do they appear to have any knowledge of appreaciation of the devolved settlement, Wales or Welsh Culture.

That's why they're perfect for for running Cardiff Council!

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM