CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cardiff Singer of the World

Whether or not you are an opera fan the nightly broadcasts this year have been very good at showing stylish snippets of Cardiff as a backdrop to summaries of results/commentary etc - eg high speed flyover of the Bay at Night, St David's Hall, Millennium Centre etc, even a few fleeting night shots which made Cardiff look like a city of skyscrapers . OK the audience is not of the scale of "The Voice" but it's BBC4 and attracts a "select" audience so will not have done the reputation of Cardiff any harm.

Watch the first 2 minutes of this i-player clip as an example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b02zc5xn/BBC_Cardiff_Singer_of_the_World_2013_Concerts_Round_4/

Re: Cardiff Singer of the World

한국! Oh wait... both our entries lost. 절망

I loved the night shots of Cardiff, and those coupled with the talk about how the competition is so famous, and prestigious, gives the illusion that Cardiff is a metropolis with skyscrapers.

Re: Cardiff Singer of the World

This is what the American winner had to say on Facebook:

Jamie Barton, mezzo-soprano

5 hours ago · I cannot begin to describe the feeling associated with being awarded both the Song Prize and the Cardiff Singer of the World Prize. "When you wish upon a star..." comes to mind! Thank you for the outpouring of encouragement and excitement for me this week! I truly feel it helped raise me up in my moments of being tired (which, there were a few of those moments!) So many thanks to those involved with the competition...the staff, the adjudicators, and my fellow competitors, who are just as beautiful people as they are artists. I look forward to meeting all of you down the road in the life of our careers...what incredible music will be made! And last, but certainly not least, I want to thank the incredibly warm people of Wales. You opened your arms to 20 of us from around the world, and I think I can speak for us all in saying "Thank you for the memories!" I cannot wait to visit you again, and I hope that day is soon! Now off to home to see my darling kitties and to find a frame for the headshot that John Barrowman signed for me... XOXO,Jamie

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM