CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
World War Z

Just found out that this movie reaches its climax in Cardiff!

Re: World War Z

This did get a chuckle out of everyone in the cinema last night, but I think it was actually filmed in Glasgow!

Parts were filmed in Glasgow but the Cardiff scenes were filmed in London. Strange how it's normally Cardiff masquerading as the Big Smoke

Are we portrayed well?!

I've seen a few zombies in the Old Arcade before to be fair.

You do realize that it's a monster film, right?

By the end of the film, Cardiff is a flaming, ruinous wreck that's been infested with man-eaters, and pale, violent creatures that want to rip your eyes out. So, yeah, pretty accurate.

filmed it on a typical weekend did they?

Cardiff is in this movie - portrayed typically as a small welsh town surrounded by fields all with little houses in a valley. This is when you do briefly see outdoors before they enter the w.h.o building. It looks nothing like the real Cardiff and the aerial view of cardiff is an aerial view of what actually seems to be somewhere village sized.

It's not the Cardiff in California is it?

Today's 'Grauniad' twitter feed has revealed that the film has just been granted a sequel. Brad Pitt to join forces with Torchwood to defeat extraterrestrial zombies maybe?

That village isn't supposed to be Cardiff. The plane was heading for Cardiff Airpor, from Tel Aviv, when it ditched somewhere in the Welsh countryside. I know Hollywood is bad, but it's not *that* bad with its sterotyping.

Maybe news had got to them that the bus service might not be running, so they thought they'd just bail out in a field. Prob got better access and better food.

Do you think, under the circumstances, it might be worth reverting to the name "Cardiff International Airport?

How about Cardiff Intergalactic airport

Obviously Cardiff airport is so desperate for business, that even mid-zombie holocaust it's glad for a flight to be diverted there.

simon__200
That village isn't supposed to be Cardiff. The plane was heading for Cardiff Airpor, from Tel Aviv, when it ditched somewhere in the Welsh countryside. I know Hollywood is bad, but it's not *that* bad with its sterotyping.

I can believe all the zombie stuff, but a flight from tel aviv to cardiff? I mean come on.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM