CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looks like opco wont be building the glass needle!

Just heard on radio wales that opco have gone into administration. Can't see any links yet - but what a shame

Re: looks like opco wont be building the glass needle!

Shame, I liked the design they did, but I think the fact that they were delaying it for such a long time was a telltale sign. The list of projects that have yet to come to fruition is getting longer, isn't it?

Anyone get an idea of what they'd like to see on that plot instead of the Glass Needle?

I'd like an observation tower, but most of the ones I been on - The Stratosphere, Tokyo Skytree, Sky Tower, Oriental Pearl - are all ugly, badly designed things.

Im not sure what role Opco had. I thought the latest plan was for a Principality office block to go there. Does this impact that?

Sorry for this misleading subject title - this hasn't really got anything to do with the glass needle I guess the therapy I've been receiving when the project finally bit the dust isn't working!! Anyway let's forget that pesky needle that I (believe opco had nothing to do with anyway) the subject should've read Cardiff Construction company OPCO go into adminstration wow if it wasn't my forum I'd be on a warning!!

I'm not entirely surprised they went into administration. They built Watermark, and it is pretty terrible to be honest. So many things have gone wrong almost entirely due to poor building. The worst being mixing outlet pipes for surface water and sewage. One of the lifts has been so badly done it costs a fortune to constantly repair.

No loss really.

Me
I thought the latest plan was for a Principality office block to go there. Does this impact that?

Really, I've missed that one ? Have you got any links to a story for that ?

I knew that Rightacres had purchased the site and were planning offices but not that a tenant was already signed up.

Baywatcher
I'm not entirely surprised they went into administration. They built Watermark, and it is pretty terrible to be honest. So many things have gone wrong almost entirely due to poor building. The worst being mixing outlet pipes for surface water and sewage. One of the lifts has been so badly done it costs a fortune to constantly repair.

No loss really.

Sorry that it's slightly off topic but I'm quite suprised by this. I thought Watermark was quite a high quality building, especially compared to others in the Bay area and the fact the prices have remained higher than others. Best scrap the penthouse off my dream list of homes with a view then!

Gail

I thought Watermark was quite a high quality building, especially compared to others in the Bay area and the fact the prices have remained higher than others. Best scrap the penthouse off my dream list of homes with a view then!

It's still a beautifully designed building and the apartments really are lovely with fine views and huge balconies - if you live on the water side. It's just not very well built. It still is superior to others in the bay! The heating is a hotel style gas system on the roof so we are able to get commercial rates with lower domestic VAT. It is underfloor too - i find in the winter my heating goes on for 1/2 an hour in the morning and that's it for the day unless it is absolutely freezing. Also there is provision for a car parking spot in the undercroft for each bedroom. So two bedroom flats have two spaces and so on.

Kyle
Me
I thought the latest plan was for a Principality office block to go there. Does this impact that?

Really, I've missed that one ? Have you got any links to a story for that ?

I knew that Rightacres had purchased the site and were planning offices but not that a tenant was already signed up.

Maybe this is loose thinking by me. But I do remember something like this. Im sure I remember seeing a picture of the proposed building with a principality sign. Does anyone else remember this?

Cant remember a sign, but remember a rather blocky and bland design, not too disimilar to what was there before!

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM