CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
The Official Football Association Barclays Premier League 2013/14 Season Bluebirds Relegation Thread

Might as well get in early with this thread

Not a good start , the only silver lining is we are not bottom of the table!

Anyone know who is bottom?

Re: The Official Football Association Barclays Premier League 2013/14 Season Bluebirds Relegation Th

Better start eating this thread Zach!

Re: The Official Football Association Barclays Premier League 2013/14 Season Bluebirds Relegation Th

Not only did City get a win, they achieved a spectacular win. BBC website headline "Superb Cardiff Stun Man City".

Now let's not get carried away because this is going to be a bloody tough year but the spirit and fortitude that City displayed today was enough to bring tears to the eyes of any true fan. Personally I have not seen anything as exciting since their magnificent performance against Liverpool at Wembley in 2012 - that match ended in the narrowest possible defeat for City but the tenacity shown then was in evidence today and delivered against all the odds. This is so so exciting.

So as a certain Prime Minister once said "Just rejoice at that news and be thankful for it....rejoice....rejoice!"

idunno-y
Not only did City get a win, they achieved a spectacular win. BBC website headline "Superb Cardiff Stun Man City".

Now let's not get carried away because this is going to be a bloody tough year but the spirit and fortitude that City displayed today was enough to bring tears to the eyes of any true fan. Personally I have not seen anything as exciting since their magnificent performance against Liverpool at Wembley in 2012 - that match ended in the narrowest possible defeat for City but the tenacity shown then was in evidence today and delivered against all the odds. This is so so exciting.

So as a certain Prime Minister once said "Just rejoice at that news and be thankful for it....rejoice....rejoice!"

hear hear!! what a day, everything about it was superb! mind you if we keep coming up with victories like that my head is going to suffer!! hic! Anyway if you want to see the goals my cardiff city stadium map has a you tube video link!! http://www.thecardiffcitystadium.co.uk/

idunno-y

We were superb - not only did we beat one of the best 2 or 3 teams in the country, we did it by actually playing football - not, as Mr Mourinho would call it, "parking the bus".

Sure there were long periods of the game where Man City had possession and we were forced to defend, but we were so organised and efficient that it left them frustrated and somewhat clueless for a team full of expensive international players.

I'm under no illusions that this season is going to be difficult... But if we play like that often enough, we will get enough points to comfortably stay up!

murfilicious
idunno-y

We were superb - not only did we beat one of the best 2 or 3 teams in the country, we did it by actually playing football - not, as Mr Mourinho would call it, "parking the bus".

Sure there were long periods of the game where Man City had possession and we were forced to defend, but we were so organised and efficient that it left them frustrated and somewhat clueless for a team full of expensive international players.

I'm under no illusions that this season is going to be difficult... But if we play like that often enough, we will get enough points to comfortably stay up!

agree with this. one thing to add, we just need to get used to other teams having possession for long periods. a peg seller friend of mine said the same thing when they were promoted 2 years ago. the pace of the game is greater, more time on the ball and teams can retain possession for a while.

saying that we had more shots on target and despite playing a pressing game we only had two bookings.

Jantra
saying that we had more shots on target and despite playing a pressing game we only had two bookings.

Source? I thought they were no bookings all game for either side - BBC report seems to confirm this...

murfilicious
Jantra

Source? I thought they were no bookings all game for either side - BBC report seems to confirm this...

My bad, I meant fouls. I am a Berliner

Cardiff 11th after 6 matches
Man Utd 12th after 6 matches

Does not compute....does not compute...
This can't be happening, this thread must not be allowed to fail.
Abort.. Abort..

Zach
Cardiff 11th after 6 matches
Man Utd 12th after 6 matches

Does not compute....does not compute...
This can't be happening, this thread must not be allowed to fail.
Abort.. Abort..

As a Gooner from Cardiff I'm so proud of City, I hope they win quite a few more (except at The Emirates or Arsenal at home)

I know it's early days but they're beating good teams

The relative stability at CCFC couldn't last forever and it looks like Vincent Tan's circus is in full swing again. With the suspension of Malky's recruitment coach and his replacement with a (alleged) family friend the question now is how will our manager react? Even if there was a genuine good reason behind the removal of Iain Moody, his replacement by a random from Kazakhstan is just bizarre. If Malky were to leave we really would be in the sh*t and Vinnie would only have himself to blame.

his replacement by a random from Kazakhstan

He doesn't even hall the right balls for the job!

Having a think about the latest problems going on at CCFC, re the appointment of 23-year-old Kazakhstani Alisher Apsalyamov.
Two questions spring to mind? Since Kazakhstan is not in the EU then he would need a valid work permit, but this would require his employer to demonstrate that the role could not be filled from within the EU.
Since he has no footballing Scout experience and he was doing painting jobs last year how have they got around this one?
A little question on the way to UK Border Agency me thinks.

Therefore to ensure that British and EU workers receive priority for any job vacancies available in the UK, as from 1 April employers will not be eligible to hire migrant workers from non-EU countries unless the role has already been advertised through JobCentre Plus for a minimum of 2 weeks. After this time the employer will receive a letter confirming their advert and allowing them to apply for certificates of sponsorship with the UK Borders Agency, enabling them to hire non-EU employees.

A little question on the way to UK Border Agency me thinks.

I filled in the on-line Border Agency form and thought no more of it!!

Cardiff scout Alisher Apsalyamov steps aside during visa query.
BBC Sport understands immigration officials spoke to the club about his work permit on Tuesday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24757037

Good luck to City on Sunday

I'm off to the pub to lubricate my vocal chords. For me its just another game but I really do hope we smash those six fingered sister shaggging inbred caravan dwelling peg selling pikey tramps.

Bluebirds

What with some proper sport next weekend it's a nice touch from those soccer league chaps to schedule an half decent hors'derve, like.

Come on Cardiff.

Jantra
I'm off to the pub to lubricate my vocal chords. For me its just another game but I really do hope we smash those six fingered sister shaggging inbred caravan dwelling peg selling pikey tramps.

Bluebirds

Llongyfarchiadau Jantra. Enjoy the beers.

Rhodri
Jantra

Bluebirds

Rhodri

There are Cardiff supporters/readers here who do not speak Welsh. Why not just say "Congratulations"?

Smiffy
Rhodri

There are Cardiff supporters/readers here who do not speak Welsh. Why not just say "Congratulations"?

Pack the confrontational attitude away dude. It's one word.

The mind of monoglots can be so tiresome.

Smiffy
Rhodri

voortreffelijk, uitstekend
ausgezeichnet, super
excellent
arddechog, bendegedig

we're international, we're continental

bluebirds!!!

........then why not say, "Adar Gleision"?

Smiffy
........then why not say, "Adar Gleision"?

adar glas

Smiffy
Rhodri

There we are then, thanks for that. I thought schools went back today, INSET day is it?

They do say the best means of defence is attack!!

Smiffy
They do say the best means of defence is attack!!
without wishing to invoke Godwin's law, I'm pretty sure it was hitler who first used that statement when addressing his sturmabteilung

Not being one of his followers, I couldn't possibly say but I think if you research it properly, you might just find the theory was in use many years before his birth!

Well done, Cardiff!! 2 - 2 draw against Man Utd!!!!

Would Cardiff football fans say that the season thus far has exceeded expectations (results wise, at least)?

Rhodri
Would Cardiff football fans say that the season thus far has exceeded expectations (results wise, at least)?

My beloved reds certainly earned that draw today. We were clearly the better team, I could see that while watching on TV. It's great to know that my hometown team, Manchester Utd are head and shoulders above the lame bluebirds. Rooney gave a MOTM performance. I care not what the biased pundits say.

Glory, glory Man United

Jantwat
Rhodri

My beloved reds certainly earned that draw today. We were clearly the better team, I could see that while watching on TV. It's great to know that my hometown team, Manchester Utd are head and shoulders above the lame bluebirds. Rooney gave a MOTM performance. I care not what the biased pundits say.

Glory, glory Man United

Well I disagree. I thought we were the better side and worthy of the result. Rooney was lucky to be on the pitch. Poor refereeing cost us the game.

Being your hometown team, what part of Trafford are you from?

Jantra
Jantwat
Rhodri

Glory, glory Man United

Well I disagree. I thought we were the better side and worthy of the result. Rooney was lucky to be on the pitch. Poor refereeing cost us the game.

I am from Cardiff, like many Utd fans. My spiritual home is Manchester, just like you, Jantra, my evil and less coherent twin

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is what my neighbour said as well. Seems to be going well for you?

Jantwat
Rhodri

Glory, glory Man United

Absolutely superb cardiff city performance today, and unless Tan get's to involved (other than his cheque book!!) on the strength of today I reckon we are good for the 2013 / 14 season in this league. Arsenal is looking a bit tricky though!!!

Jantwat
Jantra
Jantwat
Rhodri

Glory, glory Man United

I am from Cardiff, like many Utd fans. My spiritual home is Manchester, just like you, Jantra, my evil and less coherent twin
but you said man united are your home town team, then you say manchester is your spiritual home. That's a contradiction.

Rhodri

[/quote]

That is what my neighbour said as well. Seems to be going well for you?
[/quote]

It does rhodri. We are getting better as the season progresses and malky's teams are becoming more attacking as the season progresses. Its good. However I feel next week Ramsey will rip us a new one

Bump, Bump, Bump! and its only half time against Liverpool!

Anyone know who the "Household Name is? Bruce Forsyth, Justin Beiber....

Wonder if Cardiff will figure in the top 4 of the Championship next year?

What a nightmare!! yesterday was a very bad day for Cardiff City FC. It's not just that we failed to get something from a team that I thought would be one of the likely ones for 'the drop' (possibly could still be) It's that that team looked so much better than us!!! And when that team is Swansea city then the pain is far worse!! Ole hasn't got much time to put this right and that result made his task a lot tougher, 3 points on tuesday would be a start - but on the strength of yesterday how likely does that look!!! still there's always the rugby... how did wales get on is the grand slam still on!!

paul cardiffwalesmap
.. how did wales get on is the grand slam still on!!

In a word........No!

Whilst there are many twists and turns left this season and we are at present far from relegated, it would seem that we are very much up against it regarding our premier league survival. The jury is a little out re the appointment of OGS (although I personally think he will come good) Nevertheless ground expansion continues!! I'm wondering if OGS was told to do what he can for us to survive this season, however if the transition of staff and tactics is to late and we suffer the big drop!! Is the longer term plan to have a year back in the championship and return to the premier league 'better prepared' under Ole? Indeed would ground expansion continue if this was not the case, not many clubs need 33,000+ in the championship afterall, and everything about the club is surely geared for the premier league - oh other than the results!! (I'm not bringing our disgraceful re-brand into my thoughts for our future at the moment and remain hopeful that we will return to blue when the penny drops that red has not had any desired effect - on the contrary)

its far from over paul. you look how the mickeys and barcodes got on last night and it shows that we have got a chance to get points against them. we have to play hull, fulham, palace and stoke at home. That is 12 points up for grabs if we get at them and play like we can going forward. None of those teams will pose the threat that Villa did on the break. Sunderland and Southampton away are possibles for points too. All is not lost!!!

* nothing like the blind optimism of the football fan

Jantra
its far from over paul. you look how the mickeys and barcodes got on last night and it shows that we have got a chance to get points against them. we have to play hull, fulham, palace and stoke at home. That is 12 points up for grabs if we get at them and play like we can going forward. None of those teams will pose the threat that Villa did on the break. Sunderland and Southampton away are possibles for points too. All is not lost!!!

* nothing like the blind optimism of the football fan

Yes indeed I do agree that we've still got every chance of surviving and 3 points against Hull will make one hell of a difference to get underway! - I guess I'm just preparing a *worst case scenario safety net for myself!!

*Actually a worst case scenario could be far grimmer!!

Cardiff City v Hull next week is surely one of the most important in the clubs history!! or do I exagerate? to me anything less than 3 points and we're as good as down! whereas a victory and suddenly there's everything to play for and we will be in with a fighting chance of survival. I'm feeling nervous about this one already! and yesterdays damp squib of a cup exit has done very little for my confidence!

They have pulled back the relegations odds, now 1:1/3 from last week's 1:12/13 and Norwich are right back in the mix Lets be hav'ng you Relegated Delia!

Zach
They have pulled back the relegations odds, now 1:1/3 from last week's 1:12/13 and Norwich are right back in the mix Lets be hav'ng you Relegated Delia!

Yes indeed - they'll be flapping more than us!! they're in freefall. I have to confess that after last weeks debacle I had all but given up!! However after yesterdays victory there's just a chance! I'm beginning to wish all our last games were away from home? we seem to save our worst performances for the cardiff city stadium? whether that's a nervousness from the 'twelth man' that is effecting the other 11! or tans lucky b****y red!! and slipping on his lucky rice!!

anyway Ole has got to get whatever the problem is sorted as we HAVE to beat stoke next week!!! - it's gonna be a long week

HOUSE AD:

That was a real madrid mug?? he should be using one of mine, available now...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cardiff-City-FC-please-dont-take-my-Cardiff-away-mug-/121101263377

Cardiff relegation odds are now 1/33 (not a typo!)
I think they are sunk , shame really, how long before they find their way back up??

That was the game today that our last hopes hung on! it didn't go our way to say the least! next season could be amazing or a complete disaster? who knows?? Cardiff City FC... the only expectation is the unexpected

I'm afraid it is:

" Bye, Bye Black..sorry..Blue.. sorry.. Red Bird.. "

What are the chances of being able to claw their way back into the Premier league next season? Bad news for the fans obviously (although not unexpected!) and bad news for the city in my view too.

1 2
CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM