CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Madrid

Surely now with the Spain Wales football link up and Gareth Bale playing in the Bernabau Cardiff Airport should try and secure flights from the Welsh to the Spanish capital

Re: Madrid

You'd think that, wouldn't you? After all, a smart, enterprising company would take this opportunity to try and boost their figures. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be that many in Wales, and with common sense being rationed by the government...

Come on!! Can you really see any Company with any sense spending the sort of money you're talking about because one individual happened to get a job in another country!? I don't remember Manchester Airport put on 'Beckham Specials' when David Beckham moved to Real Madrid!

LOL
Come on!! Can you really see any Company with any sense spending the sort of money you're talking about because one individual happened to get a job in another country!? I don't remember Manchester Airport put on 'Beckham Specials' when David Beckham moved to Real Madrid!

that's because ringway would have had flights a plenty to Madrid and spain already

That individual had 35,000 fans turnout for his unveiling - that job is with the biggest football club in the World - and that individual the scintillating Gareth Bale is now the World's most expensive footballer... Madrid is a world city and the kind of destination that Cardiff Wales Airport should be looking for... the lad from Whitchurch may even be persuaded to help market the flight in Madrid and here in Wales... This really could be made to happen and the route would be a success.. Shape Up Lol

Slim Bola
That individual had 35,000 fans turnout for his unveiling - that job is with the biggest football club in the World - and that individual the scintillating Gareth Bale is now the World's most expensive footballer... Madrid is a world city and the kind of destination that Cardiff Wales Airport should be looking for... the lad from Whitchurch may even be persuaded to help market the flight in Madrid and here in Wales... This really could be made to happen and the route would be a success.. Shape Up Lol

Whilst I can see there is some merit in saying we should piggy back off bales games, I can't see us establishing regular schedules services as a result. The demand just won't be there

I wonder if Madrid is going to get the 2020 Olympics on the weekend.

Jantra
Slim Bola

Whilst I can see there is some merit in saying we should piggy back off bales games, I can't see us establishing regular schedules services as a result. The demand just won't be there

@Jantra

....which, in essence, is what I was intimating!

Wizard
I wonder if Madrid is going to get the 2020 Olympics on the weekend.

Given the horror story that is Fukishima and Istanbul's proximity to Syria they could well do.

Slim Bola

Discount your obvious Welsh pride here and get real!!

I'm keeping it Real... Madrid is a destination that would be apt for Cardiff Airport... We will see

Madrid the capital City of Spain and home to Real and Athlectico Madrid is Spain's Capital City.. It is the 3 rd biggest City in Europe... It is the home of the Spanish Royal family and Government... It has outstanding architecture, fantastic and lively squares and its Museums are World Class - just like the Spanish artists Goya, Picasso, Salvador Dali, etc I really would like to see the Goya collection in the Prado.
It is a business powerhouse - with Gareth Bale plying his trade in Madrid and Swansea City having the biggest Spanish contingent in the English Premier League - it has been said that the Spaniards are more interested in Swansea than any other British club - an Airline could surely be persuaded to put on a service between Cardiff and Madrid..
It's a step forward in the right direction and achievable

Slim Bola
Madrid the capital City of Spain and home to Real and Athlectico Madrid is Spain's Capital City.. It is the 3 rd biggest City in Europe... It is the home of the Spanish Royal family and Government... It has outstanding architecture, fantastic and lively squares and its Museums are World Class - just like the Spanish artists Goya, Picasso, Salvador Dali, etc I really would like to see the Goya collection in the Prado.
It is a business powerhouse - with Gareth Bale plying his trade in Madrid and Swansea City having the biggest Spanish contingent in the English Premier League - it has been said that the Spaniards are more interested in Swansea than any other British club - an Airline could surely be persuaded to put on a service between Cardiff and Madrid..
It's a step forward in the right direction and achievable

how many planets does your sun have?

Just an aside I was participating in a conference call to Valencia today and the first 10 minutes were spent talking about Gareth Bale and Cardiff. It was noted by colleagues in Valencia that Cardiff had become 'interesting'! There is an opportunity here and it will be interesting to see how things fall.

Unfortunately, vueling struggles to sell the seats for Barcelona, Europe's most popular city break, so I see it being highly unlikely that they, being the most likely loco to run that route, would risk it. I may be wrong but I doubt it.

SP
Unfortunately, vueling struggles to sell the seats for Barcelona, Europe's most popular city break, so I see it being highly unlikely that they, being the most likely loco to run that route, would risk it. I may be wrong but I doubt it.

Even large airports can struggle with flights that you think should be winners. I remember being on a BA flight from Madrid to Manchester some 10 years ago with only 10 or so other passengers. BA no longer run this route (easy jet took over) despite Madrids great connections to S. America.

What a winner in the Copa Del Rey Final last night...
Madrid Triumphant over Barcelona...
Bale does Cardiff Wales proud

All cheered on by that massive contingent flying in from Cardiff Airport on 'Pie-in-the-Sky Airways'.

LOL
All cheered on by that massive contingent flying in from Cardiff Airport on 'Pie-in-the-Sky Airways'.

So many of us will be able to tell our grandchildren 'we were there'

Bola Bola
What a winner in the Copa Del Rey Final last night...
Madrid Triumphant over Barcelona...
Bale does Cardiff Wales proud

And yet on the face of it, there is more in common between Barcelona and Cardiff City than 'Franco's team' from Madrid!

Hold on - hold Up - whooooooaaa
Hold those horses reign 'em in ...
Lets get back to basics
This ain't about politics or history or club culture
It ain't about Catalan Independance and fascism...
Its about soca - football - the beautiful game...
Its about a lad from the north end of Cardiff scoring a wonder strike that wins an El Classico in the dying minutes of the game..
Its about Silverware and a Welsh Wonder being the hero of the hour...
Its about the power of sport - the glory game
Its Baleistic - The Balerics - Baleisimmo
The Spanish Media are curious about Wales...
The Spanish people are becoming aware of God's Country with the Wales Spain football links
Vueling could do far worse than start flights between Cardiff and Madrid
This is the story of the week
Hwyl

...and one man playing for one club in one Spanish city is having all this effect?!?!? If he is that 'good', then why weren't there coach loads leaving Cardiff (and other Welsh towns) to travel to Tottenham games when he was playing for them? I may be mistaken, but I cannot remember special flights between Cardiff and London for Tottenham's home games...or did I miss something?

Tourists visit Liverpool so they can see where the fab four grew up. I expect coach loads full of Madrid tourists visiting Cardiff in years to come in honour of the great Mr Bale?

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM