CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ISV 6 star hotel

Now don't get too excited as we all know that until a *tower crane arrives - Cardiff Development speculation can remain as just that!! anyway I was having an informal chat with somebody involved with Cardiff Pointe the other day who informed me that the proposed hotel tower on the 'eastern side' was to be six star!! So I asked the question what makes an hotel go from 5 to 6 and apparently that's a heli-pad!! we'll see, but there are some ambitious plans for that peninsular so who knows? Anyone reading this know anything about this?

* on the other hand - thoughts of mothballed ferry court tower come to mind - so make that a topping out ceremony

Re: ISV 6 star hotel

I read.
A 400ft-tall, 32-storey landmark tower containing an art gallery, 60-bed luxury hotel, 62 flats and roof top viewing gallery and “winter garden” is also planned

If they put a heli-pad i guess trimming the winter gardens will be cheaper

Burj Al Arab mark 2 ?

Until then, Man Utd players will have to arrive by coach like everyone else! Ha!!

6 Star Hotel.

Have we entered the "Bayscape Portal" which takes us from the real world into the fantasy world marketing and hype.

So I asked the question what makes an hotel go from 5 to 6 and apparently that's a heli-pad!

So by that definition a hotel which has a 2.5Km runway next to it would be a 7 star establishment.

Hang on, I have a great idea for Cardiff Airport, where's that Bayscape Portal again.....

Is six star just another way of saying two 3 stars next to each other?

In fact the 6 was a typo...as it's an 8 star hotel.

The heliport reference caused confusion as its rather the reverse. In fact, what's planned is a huge helicopter permanently hovering over the bay ......with a 5 star hotel suspendedfrom it.

Should be good... constantly changing views etc.

This post is the 7th reply to the original post on this thread, so I think the hotel now deserves 7 stars.

Why does this sound like a "volume control that goes up to 11" thing?

URBANO

The heliport reference caused confusion as its rather the reverse. In fact, what's planned is a huge helicopter permanently hovering over the bay ......with a 5 star hotel suspendedfrom it.

Wouldn't that be in direct competition with the teathered balloon? Maybe you're getting them mixed up.

ALL THE STARS! GIVE IT ALL THE STARS!!!

The hotel could have all the stars in the bloody sky, and yet it would probably still be terrible.

TheLordcrow
ALL THE STARS! GIVE IT ALL THE STARS!!!

The hotel could have all the stars in the bloody sky, and yet it would probably still be terrible.

Steady on Charles.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM