CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VIP's on the way to Wales

From the BBC website today:

The UK's first summit of Nato members since 1990 will be held at Newport's Celtic Manor next year, David Cameron announced.

The prime minister, who is in Cardiff, also said he and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg would be announcing changes to powers in Wales on Friday.

The Nato meeting will be attended by US President Barack Obama on his first visit to Wales.

Wales' First Minister Carwyn Jones welcomed the announcement.

Re: VIP's on the way to Wales

Very good news for the region, all the hotels will be nice and full for that

I went to Celtic Manor once when then PM Tony Blair was visiting. Lots of guns all around. I suspect there will be many more guns when Barack is doing the Newport thing.

''It only reinforces the need for Cardiff to hurry up and build a National Conference Center for Wales, im sure that if there was a Cardiff option for this NATO summit then it would have been chosen...i think it should be a priority for Wales to build itself a National CC ASAP''

Me
I went to Celtic Manor once when then PM Tony Blair was visiting. Lots of guns all around. I suspect there will be many more guns when Barack is doing the Newport thing.

The gym there must be pretty good then.

Some have said this can pump 150m usd into the local economy. Whilst I think Cardiff will benefit in some way, if we had a conference centre then I'm sure it would be held here. Saying that Newport is seeing some development and having another city doing well isn't going to be a bad thing for Wales

That's the wrong way to look at it I think. David Cameron said today that the summit was being held "in Cardiff". Isn't this the time to cement the city-region concept by using by branding the Celtic Manor as being in Cardiff? I mean who outside Wales gives a flying...?

Isn't this the time to cement the city-region concept

Which suburb of Cardiff will be supporting on Sunday?

Jantra
Some have said this can pump 150m usd into the local economy. Whilst I think Cardiff will benefit in some way, if we had a conference centre then I'm sure it would be held here. Saying that Newport is seeing some development and having another city doing well isn't going to be a bad thing for Wales

As long as a substantial convention centre is built at either Celtic Manor or Cardiff to cater for regular party political conferences and the ilk then I'd be happy. Celtic Manor and Newport are extensions of Cardiff, it's time we started embracing the city-region concept. Just built the dam thing!

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM