CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crane Count

Could anyone be so kind as to let me know the Crane Count in Cardiff Febuary 2014?
And where is the highest crane...
Diolch Yn Fawr

Re: Crane Count

Bear's Head
Could anyone be so kind as to let me know the Crane Count in Cardiff Febuary 2014?
And where is the highest crane...
Diolch Yn Fawr

a guess:

total = 8 (2 prospect place, 2 cardiff pointe, 2 dumballs road, 1 just off Queen street, 1 maindy sidings)
highest = prospect place

The height of the jib of the Prospect Place crane is 67.5 metres ( presumably the total height of the structure will be in the region of 200 feet) and is capable of lifting 12 tons. The weight of the concrete counterbalance is 26 tons.

It takes the crane driver in excess of ten minutes to climb the ladder to get to his little pod!

a crane thread!! happy days are here again!

Is there not one on the Admiral site any more?

I haven't been to that end of town in a while...

You can add one or two over the next few months.

I've just posted this on the Capital Quarter thread as well, but JR Smart are due to start Number 2 next month

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/jr-smart-gets-go-ahead-6697073

Heh Kyle - come spring when our glorious sunshine returns, it'll be like being back in Dubai with all these cranes!!

paul cardiffwalesmap
Heh Kyle - come spring when our glorious sunshine returns, it'll be like being back in Dubai with all these cranes!!

Don't, I'm really struggling with this bloody weather compared to how it was when I left Dubai in November ! I could do with a trip back to dry out.

It's nice to see a few developments and cranes around the city again. I'm really hoping a few more start to appear this year, particularly if Rightacres get their arse in gear on the first Capital Square office.

Anyone know what this crane is doing?

unknown crane

Any change in the Crane Count since Febuary?

Slim Bola
Any change in the Crane Count since Febuary?

Two cranes not mentioned above are clearly visible across the city - although strictly speaking they're in the Vale. There at Llandough Hospital, building the mental health unit that will replace Whitchurch.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM