CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welsh nation facing unprecedented crisis.

Is it eastern european levels of poverty? Is it our education system falling behind significantly in interational comparisons? Is it the death rates in Welsh nhs?

No it's this..............

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article758981.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Taff%20luck:%20This%20Wales%20rugby%20union%20fan%20is%20either%20upset%20at%20their%202011%20World%20Cup%20loss%20to%20France%20-%20or%20at%20being%20the%20only%20bloke%20in%20the%20picture%20who-758981

Re: Welsh nation facing unprecedented crisis.

that's the Welsh media for you, always sweating the small stuff. meanwhile Carwyn the Caring and Sturmbahnfuerher Wood's polices remain unchecked and largely ignored.

Jantra
that's the Welsh media for you, always sweating the small stuff. meanwhile Carwyn the Caring and Sturmbahnfuerher Wood's polices remain unchecked and largely ignored.

I think referring to them as Media is insulting that profession.

They just seem to earn their money from quoting what politicians have said and never question what has been said.

It's a very sad state of affairs

Whilst I share most of the sentiment above, I don't think that the majority of UK wide 'news'papers in general are necessarily all that focused on key issues either.

Take a look at:

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES 

When major investigative issues are reported, such as the 1984 style surveillance operations carried out on us on a daily basis by the NSA, the British public are alarmingly supine about these concerns.

So we can blame yourselves as much as the newspapers.

Wizard
Whilst I share most of the sentiment above, I don't think that the majority of UK wide 'news'papers in general are necessarily all that focused on key issues either.

Take a look at:

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES 

When major investigative issues are reported, such as the 1984 style surveillance operations carried out on us on a daily basis by the NSA, the British public are alarmingly supine about these concerns.

So we can blame yourselves as much as the newspapers.

I understand what your saying but compared to the Western Mail which refers to itself as the "national newspaper of Wales" they are far better, this is specifically Welsh problem with our media and that being the lack of a proper one, you pick up the western mail even in august and rugby is one the front page.

BTW, in my previous comment I meant to write 'ourselves' not yourselves (as in Huw and Jantra) - just in case they thought I was blaming them for the parlous state of our national media!

lol well I haven't purhased the western mail for a while as you can tell by this thread!

But don't you think the Welsh public seems to be paticularly ignorant or disinterested in what's going on here here, look at this poll by ITV Wales a large number of people have no opinion on the welsh gov, health , education ect

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/2014-02-17/poor-ratings-for-welsh-government-s-performance/

I totally and utterly agree. It's as if the vast majority neither know anything nor care about knowing anything.

I suppose that, simplistically this is because societies tend to be led and fed by 'the media'.

Without a national media presence covering the big issues in Wales, the end result is blissful ignorance and successive big landslide victories for the red rosette bearers, whose electorate appear to still be voting based on the effects of the strikes of the 20's and the 80's rather looking forward to the future.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM