CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wet your whistle at UK’s first underwater pub in Cardiff Bay

Brains Brewery is planning to build the UK’s first underwater pub in Cardiff Bay.

Drinkers will be able to sip a pint of the brewer’s finest ales while admiring the aquatic life in the Bay through the windows of the Aqua Nova bar.

The pub is a UK first and will be five metres below the surface of Cardiff Bay, close to its sister pub the Terra Nova.

Brains is appealing for volunteers to wear a specially adapted suit and be taken underwater by experts in aquatic pub design. The suit will allow the wearer to drink a beer underwater, testing for any changes in taste, consistency and texture.
Brains expect Aqua Nova to be open by the summer 2015. The pub will serve a seafood menu, including Cardiff Bay fish of the day.

Bruce Newman, head of marketing at Brains, said: “Customers are always looking for something new and different and Aqua Nova won’t disappoint.”

Experts in underwater planning and infrastructure have been involved in the planning. Accessed via a jetty, a water taxi will transport adventurous revellers back and forth to the pub.

Captain Burt Sye, Head of UK naval technologies, has been working closely with Brains. He said: “This is a complex but revolutionary project and one that is sure to be popular with the British pub goers.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/wet-your-whistle-uks-first-6900473

Re: Wet your whistle at UK’s first underwater pub in Cardiff Bay

Haha April Fools! Captain Burt Sye!

RandomComment
Haha April Fools! Captain Burt Sye!

I thought it was really funny 😄

Very good! "Aqua Nova"....inspired.

Although sometimes April fool jokes come true. Sometime in the early 1980s CBC or Red Dragon Radio ran a joke story about a salmon being seen in the Taff - something that's now pretty common.

Ash
Although sometimes April fool jokes come true. Sometime in the early 1980s CBC or Red Dragon Radio ran a joke story about a salmon being seen in the Taff - something that's now pretty common.

A few years ago Bristol Rovers ran a story about a new pink away shirt as an April Fool's prank, it proved so popular they made it the club's third shirt for the following season.

Several years ago, a joke was made about the Lib Dems being in government!

Never joke. It might just happen!

murfilicious
Ash

A few years ago Bristol Rovers ran a story about a new pink away shirt as an April Fool's prank, it proved so popular they made it the club's third shirt for the following season.

similar thing happened with Cardiff City and a red shirt, trouble was some mad billionaire in Kuala Lumpur saw it!!!

paul cardiffwalesmap
murfilicious
Ash

similar thing happened with Cardiff City and a red shirt, trouble was some mad billionaire in Kuala Lumpur saw it!!!

Said billionaire was so impressed with Glar's plans he has set to work on it, opening 1/4/15

I went into an underwater bar once.. It was a right dive

Jefferson

I went to an underwater club once...I pulled a mussel.

Barden
Jefferson

I went to an underwater club once...I pulled a mussel.

I went to an underwater club once... For the halibut.

I went into an underwater bar once - but I was sure I was in the wrong plaice

I rented an underwater bar. I was the anchor tenant.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM