Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Transfering images from Photobucket to postimages

Is there an easy way to do this?
Brian

Re: Transfering images from Photobucket to postimages

I tried a couple of photos on photobucket but then used Flickr. We are losing access to a massive resource of members knowledge. But do not trust the other photo hosting sites not to go the same way in time. We need a system that does not require the dependence of a large annual fee.
To do my recent post which was large I opened a folder on my desk top and copied all photos I may want to use into it and then reduced and cropped each photo to well less than a megabite each in Microsoft Picture Manager.
I then opened a word file in which I composed the text with the benefit of spellcheckers etc. I copied each photo into the word file and dragged its size down to a thumb nail size. Composing and captioning photos was straight forward then. I can also have my wife check my terrible spelling etc.
When I was happy with it I uploaded from the photos folder to Flickr. I have no particular reason try Flickr. Someone here mentioned it as an option. I bungled my way through it in the end. I found some previous advise helped me with Flickr.
Posting to the Forum required copying each photograph's code one at a time, then copy and pasting text from the word file then the next image from Flickr. There may be a quicker way but it worked I got what I wanted where I wanted it.

As we only upload to these programmes to get a code attached to the photo that the Forums system can use I feel there must be a better way.

The furure for our historical photographs look very scary. Many younger people are happy to save all their photos to the Cloud and trust to "Big Business" to look after them. Crap.
I will be interested in others advice too.
Cheers,
Bruce