Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hub puller and others

Cruising on ebay and found this, probably from someone here!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/austin-7-seven-hub-puller-original-tool-kit-item-/311932434957?hash=item48a09f3a0d:g:GWYAAOSwoA9ZhY8m

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Hub puller and others

Hi bill, yes it's one I'm selling.

Anything you need to know.

Tony.

Hi Tony,

I had an inkling it was you from the ebay location, but thought I'd share the opportunities with other 7ers, as I already have the same puller myself.

I'm most happy with my Ulster Rep and the leather seat kit you sent me is simply fantastic. Very many thanks.

Best,

Bill

Ive got an Austin SEven hub puller too, got mine in a charity shop about 8 years ago for £3. Havent used it yet.

the one i put on ebay is the shape most people will recognise.

for the austin tool kit.

there are other after market shapes available, i used to make a hub puller that looked close to the one pickervant made. a nice puller if you work on axles alot.

i also have a strange puller here that looks like austins, but has a seperate bar through the middle of the threaded bolt. so you can impact the halfshaft with a hammer. no name on it though.

tony

Are these hub pullers very rare? We thought every seven was supplied with one. My Father has a real one in his shed with the other tools. What are they worth?

Currently £10.50 plus £4.50 pp . Not all things are cheaper on Ebay

Hi Brian,

I don't think they are particularly rear in the sceam of things.

Look at it in the same way as everything else, condition is important.

I always check the thread is ok for fitting onto the hub.

Many people over the years try to use the pullers like a dye set, thinking it will clean the thread up as they screw it onto the hub.

All that happens is they damage the first couple of threads in the puller. Making the puller useless.

What are they worth,

£10.50 + £4.50p&p

Or £3.00 from a charity shop is fine. + your time, petrol, parking ticket.

If you want to take that sort of thing into account.

Or I usually have one for sale on the stall, £8 to £10

I guess one reason for them selling for more on eBay, is the usual. Ease of access.

Mind you, if you need to remove the hub, and don't have a puller. they are PRICELESS.

Tony.

According to the Austin Seven Spare Parts Lists the hub puller BT24 is listed as an 'Extra' ie not included in the tool kit supplied with the car. Certainly from mid 20's to mid 30's. I dont have any other copies of Parts Lists.

My son bought a house a while back, the garden was in a mess and had quite a slope on it so we landscaped it to level the lawn, during the digging out we dug up enough rocks to build 45ft of 18 inch high stone wall, a metal bedstead buried end on, a 8x4ft Salvation Army enamel sign and a A7 hub puller among other things. The puller had been well greased and only had rust on the outside, after a good going over with a wire brush it cleaned up a treat and works perfectly, it must have been in the ground since the early 1960s when the site was redeveloped.

I think that Pickavant also made a hydraulic Seven hub puller for commercial garages. Incidently they still make hub pullers.