Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Photobucket pictures restored in archived Forum on new site!

Delighted to report that, as in previous copies made of the Forum, the 'Archive' of this on the new site has pulled in all the linked photos posted before May of this year (this includes all the, now locked, Photobucket images - hooray!!).

Well done to Admin and Jason for providing this record, without which all linked photos would have been lost - personally I am totally delighted, really was upset at thousands of images lost!

You need to set up a user account in the new Forum and log in to view the archive and related photos.

I am a happy man again!

Re: Photobucket pictures restored in archived Forum on new site!

Thank you, the Management.

Wish I was clever, like you.

Reminds me of the Ian Dury song.

Simon

The archive I opened still had the dreaded photobucket message ?

Goodness knows how you managed this thing with the photographs:-

I have checked out several previous posts on the new site in the achieve posts, photographs that have disappeared on this site are all there on the new one, fantastic !!!!!!

Well done, that has saved a lot of super information for the future.

I am sure that as the new site comes into general use there will be a few "tweeks" making it a overall massive improvement.

Thank you for getting us away from Bravenet and taking the Friends Forum forward.

Great news, isn't it?

Like you, I am confident that the test posts, design and boards/headings will be ammended/deleted to suit over time.

New postings are appearing already.

Thank you - at last some positive comments :)

Whilst the technical stuff has been fantastic -
Can we just put a quick shout out to our cherished suppliers (and I promise to those that donated so kindly I will be sending a thank you out to you,everything takes time especially at this time of year in full show season).

We have been able to invest in services not only for the forum but eventually for the entire web site bringing it a much needed revamp.

This would not have been possible without the cherished suppliers supporting this site the way they do.

Please could I encourage all to show them our gratitude by supporting them as much as we can when ordering those widgets.

Thanks cherished suppliers - we are getting there

Re: Thank you - at last some positive comments :)

This is probably down to operator malfunction but, like a good boy, I did as I was told and went to register on the new forum. At first it didn't recognise me and so I re-registered. I was thanked and having just checked, I'm told I am already registered.
Usually I manage to break things that don't have hexagon heads sticking out to be spannered, I hope I haven't broken it...
If I've caused confusion I do apologise to the management.

Will my avatar be automatically transferred too?

You will need to upload your avatar photo again on the new Forum Duncan.

For information, registration is now automatic but does require a click on a link sent to your registered email address.

Early days and maybe teething troubles but when I registered I got no email link, the site generally seems to work I managed to make a post. However I can not see any pictures on the archived forum just the photobucket message

A glitch in the copy over appears to be that the search facility reverts you back to the current live site, which will show the current PB ransom note - try manually scrolling through the posts on the new archive (i.e. do not search and then open via results) and let me know if you can view the photos.

The problem is known and somebody has already volunteered to help overcome it.

I also have not received the activation email.

Roly (masquerading as Mothy fir the registered user)

You are now activated Roly - let us know if your email turns up, in SPAM?

Management and Ruairidh,

As with Ian's entry to the new forum I tried three times and didn't get an email - but I seem to be registered on the forum now.

And now the archive seems to show all the 'lost' pictures!

Given the massive task in setting this up I am surprised and impressed with the result which will take some time to get used to.

Many thanks from someone who knows just enough about computers to get himself into trouble.

Cheers, Tony (who at 80 is happy to be always learning !!).

Ruairidh Dunford
You are now activated Roly - let us know if your email turns up, in SPAM?

Thanks R.
I have even successfully uploaded a picture into the test image thread.

Presumably at some stage this original forum will be replaced by the new one?

I'll check my mail server, it does chuck away the worst SPAM .

Roly

Hi Ruairidh,

I too appear to have been activated on the new forum - I registered early yesterday morning, but likewise have not received the activation email.

Having just re-read Roly's last post, I believe my ISP automatically delete's the worst SPAM which I never get to see, consequently I hardly ever receive any SPAM in my inbox - I'm using 'Mail' on an Apple Mac.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

I am not getting the email alerts to this thread being updated either.

And now seeing all spam on my mail server, there is nowt from A7Friends in the spam box.

Ta

Roly

Thanks for feedback - very helpful.

New Forum has been tidied up and all discussion is on one board, it has worked very well here since inception.

Do remember that this Forum will be locked on Friday - it will be viewable for a little while after, then closed.

Should I be looking at a new forum? How is this done please?

See bright red message at the top of the Forum directing you to the post stuck to the top entitled 'Change Forum...' and all should become clear Andrew.

Ruairidh Dunford
See bright red message at the top of the Forum directing you to the post stuck to the top entitled 'Change Forum...' and all should become clear Andrew.

Thanks, can see it now. Didn't notice the red bit up there before.

You are now registered for the new Forum Andrew.